News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

CoMe HeRe WhEn YoU ArE BoReD

Started by Matthias720, June 12, 2011, 04:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Booklover

My word, that is an astounding thing!

A birdie is one under par.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Vordz o' vizdom Ah 'eard zomevhere:

QuoteA Bird in the hand can be very unsanitary.

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Flib Bigboat

A bird in the hand is worth two in a bush (aka, twice as unsanitary).
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

WorshipTiria

A bird in the hand is a death sentence.
I'm about to go GREMLIN MODE

Kade Rivok

Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Flib Bigboat

For the bird, unless it's a cassowary or something.
Then the death sentence is for the person who's holding it.
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

WorshipTiria

Quote from: Flib Bigboat on April 19, 2022, 03:50:28 PMFor the bird, unless it's a cassowary or something.
Then the death sentence is for the person who's holding it.
The bird shouldn't ever die like that unless you squeeze it too much. It's just that a lot of birds are really mean.

Flib Bigboat

When I first heard the phrase "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush," it was next to a picture of someone holding a black-capped chickadee. I don't think those can hurt you.
Long live the RRR!

WorshipTiria

They will try.
What does that saying even mean?

Ripred the Gnawer

It means it's better to have one good thing than a bunch of good things you can't get.
'We stop looking for monsters under the bed when we realize they are inside of us'
"If you gaze long enough into the abyss, it'll gaze back at you"

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Birdz arenae mean, tiz juzt zat zome people dinnae rezpect zem und zin'z loike zat. Alzae, zometoimez people look loike ztatuez...

WorshipTiria

I like birds, but most of them are mean. And it's just rude to birds to hold them.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah agree viz ze lazt part o' ze ztatement- unlezz ze Bird 'az chozen tae zit in or on yer 'and by zeir ovn choice, ze zhouldnae be pickin' up Birdz loike zat.

Flib Bigboat

Quote from: WorshipTiria on April 19, 2022, 05:09:05 PMI like birds, but most of them are mean. And it's just rude to birds to hold them.
There's a group of mourning doves that live on our roof, a mockingbird that sits on our porch railing every morning, three or four red-tailed hawks that are always circling around our yard, and a pair of geese my sister named Hose and Stepstool who try to build a nest near our pond every year. (But there's also grass snakes and foxes and turtles, so their goslings never survive long enough to hatch, which is sad.) None of these birds are mean. Except for a crazy old cardinal, who spends hours pecking the front of our car every day. We think he's trying to kill his reflection.
Long live the RRR!