News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

For when you don't PSOT

Started by Ashleg, April 24, 2018, 02:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Quote from: Delthion on April 26, 2018, 07:40:12 PM
I tried starting...every roleplay that I joined that wasn't almost done died. Also I am really cringe-worthy with my roleplaying. ;D
Welcome to the club. 99% of the RPs I have been in/started, died or are slow.
Also, cringe gets hammered out as you get better.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Yeah, the main thing is...I don't want to put in the effort to hammer out the cringe.  ยบ-)
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Therein lies the disconnect.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Well, joining a roleplay without commitment is a lame thing.

Which is why it would've been cool if my character wasn't the one you chose to kill off. Because I seem like one of the only ones who doesn't just VANISH.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: The Skarzs on April 26, 2018, 08:17:11 PM
Welcome to the club. 99% of the RPs I have been in/started, died or are slow.
Also, cringe gets hammered out as you get better.

Most roleplayers can claim the same thing. Including me, and I've been in over thirty. Possibly forty by now. Yall aint special, my apologies.

Ash, it's gonna be this weekend, so cool it and don't push your luck.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Ashleg on April 26, 2018, 11:42:01 PM
Well, joining a roleplay without commitment is a lame thing.

Which is why it would've been cool if my character wasn't the one you chose to kill off. Because I seem like one of the only ones who doesn't just VANISH.
. . . What?  Which one are we talking about here?

Quote from: Cornflower MM on April 27, 2018, 02:09:28 AM
Most roleplayers can claim the same thing. Including me, and I've been in over thirty. Possibly forty by now. Yall aint special, my apologies.
Lol.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

The Murder Mystery one Delthion started.

Delthion

Mainly because I was trying to develop a plot, and your character was the one that was easiest to kill off. I had no idea that it would put you off of the RP because I was aware that you are one of the best and most reliable RPers on this site.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Ashleg

How would killing my only character not make me leave the RP? xD

I'm not angry-- just saying, should definitely be a given. Playing an NPC one knows nothing about 'just for the sake of it' is extremely far away from playing a character one made himself. There's no mental connection with an NPC. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Feels more like a boring obligation than something fun.

Quote from: Delthion on April 29, 2018, 02:33:35 AM
I had no idea that it would put you off of the RP because I was aware that you are one of the best and most reliable RPers on this site.

THANKS. I LIKE TO HEAR THAT.  ;D

Delthion

Quote from: Ashleg on April 29, 2018, 03:08:19 AM
How would killing my only character not make me leave the RP? xD

I'm not angry-- just saying, should definitely be a given. Playing an NPC one knows nothing about 'just for the sake of it' is extremely far away from playing a character one made himself. There's no mental connection with an NPC. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Feels more like a boring obligation than something fun.

But it wasn't an NPC...you still created the Skipper, I just put the restrictions that he was an otter and a skipper... ;D

Ashleg

Yeah but was Skipper the character I wanted to make? No, I was told you needed a Skipper. He was a filler character-- basically an NPC.

Delthion

He wasn't supposed to be a filler character. :'( He was supposed to be the main detective in the story...

Ashleg

Then why weren't you him? :P

You have to get what I'm saying. He's a role I was given. Not the character I put thought into. Thus, playing him would be an effort.

Cornflower MM

I think what Del means, Ash, is that he was giving you the freedom to make the Skipper your own character. You both have valid points, though.

Ashleg

Yeah, I know, but my points still stand. (Muse also plays a factor, again, the attachment issue.)