News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

For when you don't PSOT

Started by Ashleg, April 24, 2018, 02:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Well. . . Yeah but if you make a character your own then you can grow to love them. Ever read AWTFYH? We needed an Abbess character, and I started playing her a lot as an NPC and I put my own twists on her (Turns senile, has an odd love of cheese) and while at first I was like "Ugh we need the Abbess again lemme just slap her in so I don't have to wait for Dan/Rach/Faiy" and by the time we got to the point of the story where we are I was trying to figure out ways to work her into the story more.
My point being maybe, when your characters are killed off and you're given a different character (Or just need to play a different character) you can try to think of ways to make the character your own and make it fun and enjoy playing them and form a bond with them instead of finding ways to refuse playing a character. :P I find that it's a good exercise for RPers, as well. I don't know if you were here or not but one round of a dueling tournament (Or was that the whole premise of the tourney?) we all made characters and the challenge that time was the mods were going to scramble through the characters and you got someone else's. It was fun, and it made me do stuff out of my comfort zone and was a good brain RP exercise. I'd love to do something like that, tbh. It's a lot different than taking someone else's character in an RP, seeing as the Skipper character was an NPC with minimal requirements set up. (Had to be an otter and the Skipper)

Anyway. We now end this segment of Corn's RP Drivel and return to Jim with the weather. What's it looking like today, Jim? :P

Dannflower Reguba

What is this malarkey? RP drama in cellars format?.... *grabs popcorn*
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Cornflower MM

Ashleg

'T'ain't drama. We're just discussing.

And Corn I disagree. May be fun for you but not for me, which is the main reason I join RPs (fun).

Dannflower Reguba

*looks at title of topic* It's drama  ;)

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Ashleg

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Ashleg on April 30, 2018, 07:06:01 PM
'T'ain't drama. We're just discussing.

And Corn I disagree. May be fun for you but not for me, which is the main reason I join RPs (fun).

. . . . Orrrrrr you can do what you're doing and not look on the bright side of the situation and be so dead-set against playing a character you didn't make to even entertain the ways you can make it fun. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ That's cool too, I suppose.
(Although if I may point out that the only things you had no control over in Del's RP was that he was an otter Skipper, you had to the chance to completely write his personality and such however you wanted so he was still technically your character)

I'm done now. :P Just wanted to help bring ya outta your sulkfest and give you a different perspective. :P To each their own.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Now it's drama. When the passive-aggression starts leaking out.

I'm tryin' to have a conversation and just say why it's not fun for me to fill a role for the sake of rolefilling. I, me, Ashleg, do not enjoy it. If you do, cool, good on you, props, brownie points, more power to ya. I didn't want the Skipper because I wasn't in the mindset for a Skipper. No need to start saying things like I'm having a "sulkfest"-- I never said you were having a sulkfest for not wanting to continue on with your own characters in Undecided.

Come on, people. Just wanted to make a slightly funny topic that was also a "nudge-nudge" for activity. Gotta stop this in its tracks before it gets heated because I am honestly quite tired out of things getting heated.

Delthion

She wasn't being passive-aggressive. She was being slightly aggressive.

She wasn't being heated, either, you were the one to escalate things.

And she was attempting to help, so stop being such a snowflake, and just deal with criticism.

(I may be a bit fed up with people overreacting.)

And, I don't know what the situation was on Undecided, but it sounds like it was more of a group decision, in my RP I was a sort of DM, so I made the decision unilaterally and informed those necessary.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Ashleg

I was merely stating my opinion in a civil manner, not in a way meant to be a "callout" or dramatic. I wasn't insulting people.

And, you guys know me, the "your mum" was quite clearly a joke I always make.

Chill yourself and stop calling me names.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

@Matthias720 Would be cool if you would lock this, it started as a joke but I don't appreciate the namecalling and heat that went down here and don't want it to escalate further. Not fond of it.

Cornflower MM

Oh my goodness Ash I am so sorry, I never meant to be aggressive or hurt your feelings in any way. I should have thought more before posting, I went too far, and I apologize for that. I'm sorry for saying you were throwing a sulkfest.

Dannflower Reguba

@Cornflower MM Why are you apologizing? Some of the words could've been changed slightly, but what you said is not incorrect or wrong. It's entirely true that Ashleg gets too caught up in the momentum of an RP and has a habit to get slightly pushy when other players have to slow down. It's a very common phase for forum RP'ers to go through, and each player that experiences it has to find out or discover (and subsequently get past it) it for their ability to progress.

Quote from: Ashleg on April 26, 2018, 11:42:01 PM
Well, joining a roleplay without commitment is a lame thing.

Which is why it would've been cool if my character wasn't the one you chose to kill off. Because I seem like one of the only ones who doesn't just VANISH.

Not a call-out? Listen Ashleg, I enjoy RP'ing with you, you make some solid contributions, and, for the most part, you're a decently cool dude. However, It's also true that you can exasperate the people that you're RP'ing with due to impatience. Trust me, I understand wanting to continue RP's, we all do (Corn included), but you can't get aggressive with your fellow players simply because they're having a tough time posting. Sometimes there are legit complaints about people that really don't have any commitment, but I guarantee you that this does not apply to anyone currently here. I just want the best for you bud.