News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Here we are RP

Started by The Skarzs, July 10, 2018, 08:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

"Yeah!  It looks like we're here, anyway!  How is this even possible?"

A stick snapped sharply somewhere nearby, followed by scuffling sounds, and Jukka whirled around (nearly tripping over her tail), trying to see through the trees.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

Skarzs jumped as he heard the breaking twig, and looked off to where Jukka had turned.
  "Hello? he called out. "Is anyone there?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Corn's mind was racing as she looked around.  Unless she dived into a bush (ouch) she didn't really have a hiding option, and she was sure they'd come looking if she didn't answer. Whoever "they" were. She took a deep breath and started playing with her hands (Paws? Hands? Okay not the time to be going there) in an attempt to hide the shaking as she stepped forward towards the voices.
"Um. Maybe? That depends on who you are?"
Corn winced, that certainly sounded big and scary and confident. Not.

After a few more steps she stepped into the sight line of a ferret and a cougar. Her mouth went dry, and Corn schooled her features into not showing her inner screaming.

The Skarzs

"Um . . ." Skarzs was looking at a small squirrel. "My name is Skarzs, and this is Jukka the Sl- This is Jukka."
  She looks a little scared, he thought. Am I scary?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Corn paused, looking between the cougar and the ferret. "I ... beg your pardon? Skarzs and Jukka? Really?"
This can't be real. If it is, of all the people? Jukk and Skar? Ohhhh boy this is gonna be interesting.
The squirrel crossed her arms, still keeping up as straight a face as possible. If these were the people she knew (from the Internet, no less) then she was pretty sure she was safe. Her anxiety wasn't really calming down, though. Acting, you're just acting, no biggie. Show 'em you're not scared. Corn lifted her chin a smidge, as though she was trying to stare down the other two, although they were both taller than her by more than a few inches. Did my height really have to translate over here, too?

Jukka the Sling

"You're from the forum too?" Jukka asked excitedly, looking the newcomer up and down.  She was clearly a squirrel, and interestingly, she was wearing modern-day glasses.  Could be any of a number of forumers.  "Who are you?"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Cornflower MM

Corn raised her eyebrow. "Black clothing, squirrel, glasses? Really not ringing any bells? I'm Corn. Or Corny. Or- y'know what? Corn actually works just fine." She nervously laughed, hoping she didn't sound rude. "I'm guessing you guys had the dream with Martin too?"

The Skarzs

"Corn? Corn!" A smile appeared on Skarzs's face, and he walked to her. "Yeah, we both had dreams! I can't believe you're here too!"
  He realized how much larger he was than her. He stopped a few steps from her.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

"Corny?!" Jukka gasped.  "This is awesome!"  She stepped closer, being careful not to trip on her own tail.  "Yeah, I had a dream too.  And so did Skarzs."

Dannflower Reguba

Dann had managed to find the voices, but they and their owners didn't make anything easier to understand. Forum members being transported to the Redwall world? Ridiculous!.. Granted, having a squirrel's body didn't fit the realms of realism either... And, "Corn," was definitely talking the same way she did through media outlets. With a sigh, he decided to take a chance, "If you three are who you say you are, than what are your favorite past times?" He found a tree that was cut off from the view of the others, and slipped from his tree to the next, carefully plotting the few quick steps it took so as not to create much noise.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

Skarzs turned to the new voice. "What?" he asked after Dan spoke. "Where are you? Come out." He completely passed over the question about his passtime.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Jukka surveyed the area around them as Skarzs called out, but she saw no one else.  She glanced between her two friends, then called out,  "Um, are you from the forum too?  I like reading."

Cornflower MM

Corn had shifted uneasily with a small smile when the other two approached her, her senses screaming NEW PEOPLE! BAD! DON'T LIKE NEW PEOPLE! (Even if they weren't technically new people) and was about to reply when a new voice asked their favorite pastimes. She noticeably jumped, and whirled to where the voice had come from. Wait a hot second....
"If you are who I think you are, then I really think you would know I'm a dancer. And yeah I realize this is probably a test. Good idea, actually, should have thought of that myself." Corn called, folding her arms.

Dannflower Reguba

The answers that Dann had been expecting all came, and he wasn't really sure if that made him more or less comfortable with the situation. He climbed up into the lower branches of the tree he was hiding behind before making his presence known again, "Okay stinker, but dancer's a pretty broad description, mayhap we can narrow that down to ballet hmm?" Still standing on the branches, he walked out of cover with a wry smile, "Skarzs, would it kill you to be mildly sociable for once?" He leaned against a bough a little higher than his own, still wary of hostility, as unlikely as it was at this point.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Skarzs

"Probably," said Skarzs, looking at the squirrel. He was completely white, something Skarzs had never seen before. "So, if you know us, at least a little, then who are you?"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.