News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Overlord's Orders IV

Started by Matthias720, November 17, 2011, 06:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwall Musician

"Well, I kept interrupting Daniel because I knew he wanted to disable the trap. But such traps take hours to disable, and I noticed a small door which had no traps or tricks at all. It was meant for an emergency escape door. I was trying to tell Daniel that we should use that door and save a lot of time."
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

DanielofRedwall

"Take hours to disable? Perhaps for some, but I can disable those traps in less than a minute, I've timed myself. 33.56 seconds, to be exact. And that emergency door, I saw that. But it lead right back to the start. I tried telling Musician that as well."
Received mostly negative reviews.

Redwall Musician

"Not that fake emergency door that was visible, the one standing behind the china cabinet. And as for the lock, you never mentioned you could even do it."
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Matthias720

"Alright, I think there's been enough arguing. I am ready to hand down a decision. First though, I must pass on a tradition handed down to me by my predecessor. That's right, there was an overlord before me. In fact, there have been many such overlords in the past. Always there; always running things behind the scenes. And now my time as overlord draws to a close. I am stepping down after several decades, and it is time to install a new overlord to run this empire while I spend the rest of my days playing life-sized board games at the home for retired overlords in...oh, wait, you aren't ready to know about that yet."

"So here's how this will work, I want you each to tell me in 100 words or less, why you think you'd make a good overlord. It doesn't matter to me what argument you make, just as long as you do your best to convince me that you have what it takes. I will give you some time to think it over, but I expect an answer soon. Any questions?"

DanielofRedwall

"I believe a good Overlord must be fair when dealing out punishments and when giving missions. They shouldn't abuse their power, as sometimes power is the root of the problem. However, the must also have a bit of a strict side or no-one would take them seriously. You are a good model for an Overlord, my Lord."

Redwall Musician

"An overlord should be able to fight. You, my lord, have taught me that. If I, the humble servant, were ever blessed enough to become an overlord, I would surely use justice and honor to rule my servants. I would be the one at the head of the battle, leading them.
"As Shakespeare said in his play, Henry the V, 'But if it is a sin to covet honor, I am the most offending soul alive'"

Matthias720

"You both make strong cases. I have considered what you each have said, and I am ready to make a decision."

"Daniel, you have made the argument that an overlord must be just, but swift to action. This is a good trait to have."

"Musician, your argument is that an overlord must be a fighter. This is a strong stance to hold, and a good one."

"However, there can be only one overlord. I say all that to say this; I have made up my mind. My successor will be...

(The suspense is terrible...)

(I'm stringing you along...)

Musician!"

"Yes, Musician is to be the new overlord. Bear the title well. As for you Daniel, while I appreciate your viewpoint, it is not as important as being a fighter. For this reason, I have chosen Musician to be my successor. Do not fret though, for I shall see to it that you are installed as a member of the overlords' trustees board, if you so choose. If not, we will wipe your memory, and give you a job running an Italian restaurant. It's your choice. As for you, Musician, I will be stepping down soon. Fill my shoes well, and make me proud. That is all. Thank you, and good-bye."

As he spoke, a secret door opened in the side of the wall, the overlord passed through it, turned to face his former servants, bowed once, and walked away. His servants watched the door close behind him. They turned to face the door to leave the office, but stopped short as a control panel rose from the floor. A note was attached to side which read:
'To my two favorite servants. I hope you will do well in your new roles, whatever they may be. To my successor: place your hand upon the biometric scanner to be installed as the new overlord. To the runner-up: push the blue button if you wish to be a member of the trustees board, or push the green button to become a restaurant owner; it's up to you. Good luck!'

What wilst thou do?

OOC: If you would each post once more telling what you did, we can then wrap the story up. I congratulate Musician for her victory, and Daniel for making it to the final round. How does everyone feel this round went?

DanielofRedwall

OOC: This was a triumph,
I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.

Daniel considered his words. Would he risk being destroyed in such a horrific way just to feel power? His hand hovered over the blue button, but then he hesitated. Being a restauruant owner was a dream of his as a child, and there was no risk in it. He hated risking his life so many times. He took a photo of the place he spent much of his life in (and one of Musician giving him a thumb's up) so he would never really forget, took a deep breath, and pressed the green button.

OOC: I will be back for another round, I just wanted to have a happy ending for my character.

Trigoma

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Redwall Musician

Musician didn't hesitate a bit. She followed the instructions, and little did she know, all in the blink of an eye, her life would be changed.

OCC: I feel so honored. I plan to start the next round after Christmas. Overlord's Orders V! This was a great round Matthias!

Matthias720

I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. :) I hope everyone had as much fun playing, as I did writing out each scenario.