News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Legend of the Labyrinth

Started by Verdauga, November 19, 2019, 01:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MathLuk

Algirdas lifted his torch higher. The adventurer has came here, alone, after he had failed to recruit anyone to join him in this blasted maze. He only hoped that Chycer won't get the credit for coming here - that would be downright humiliating.

The walls was without directions - in fact, no words were on it. Sighing, the squirrel took a turn right, hoping for some sort of guidance.
By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

shisteer of nothing much

Waiata heard the clatter as the torch fell to the ground and opened her eyes gratefully, studying the wary beast in front of her.
"Thank you, thank you. It's much easier to see when there isn't a piece of fire blinding the eyes, the eyes. Now, now, would you like me to show you the way out, way out?"
Waiata smiled reassuringly at the mouse, seeing that he was still back up against the heavy, wooden door. He obviously wasn't used to the dark, or the underground either, by the look of it.
Waiata drew breath to ask the mouse how he'd gotten into the labyrinth but stopped, her sharp ears picking up another sound, coming from a corridor to her left.
"Somebeast is coming, coming. There's only one, only one. I can handle it if it needs to be handled, handled."
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Kade Rivok

Dantin was not fond of being in pitch-black darkness, but he was at least happy that Waiata seemed to be friendly, and she apparently knew how to get out.  He quickly decided that he would trust her.  Soon the sounds of somebeast approaching reached his ears as well, which confused him.  He could have sworn there were no other ways out of the room, but apparently he'd missed something.  As he thought this, Waiata's voice drifted out of the dark, startling him slightly, and he replied in a hushed tone.  "H-handle?  I don't think we need to 'handle' anything, do we?  It could be some goodbeast for all we know!"

Even though he said this, as a tiny amount of torchlight worked it's way into the room from this new passageway, he instinctively dropped into a crouch and melted into the darkness.  Hiding was something he did out of habit and, in his opinion, was something he'd gotten rather good at.  He whispered to his new companion nervously.  "I think... we should hide.  Until we, uh, we can tell what manner of beast is coming, at least."
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

MathLuk

Algirdas was irritated, to say the least.

So far, sticking to the left of the labyrinth was a massive exercise in futility. But throwing a temper tantrum here would not a a good idea - for reasons that can be proven obvious.

He heard a beast speak, and fearing the worst, had went to investigate, dagger by chest. Whatever they were should have been scared away by the torch he had borne, though a look probably will not hurt.

"Show yourselves!"

shisteer of nothing much

Waiata readied her claws, her ears following the progress of the creature as her eyes closed to block the torch's light and she whispered to the mouse.
"It could be a goodbeast, goodbeast. Still, there's no harm in being ready, ready. As for hiding, hiding, bats are very good at that, at that. He won't see me until I want him to, him to."

Moving further into the shadows to preserve her eyesight, Waiata studied the creature that had stepped into the huge room. They grey furred squirrel looked confident but Waiata could sense he felt a small amount of trepidation as his command echoed in the cavern, his voice coming back at him several times until it faded into stillness again.

Deciding she had gathered all she could by simply looking at the beast, Waiata issued an order of her own, reminding him of the current situation first.
"You're surrounded; I should be the one issuing commands, not you. Put your weapons down and state your name and business."

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

MathLuk

The squirrel managed a nervous chuckle. Surrounded? He had been a the exact same solution about two seasons before, with the Juska, and he has managed to talk his way out of it.

"It would be better for you to come into the light - all of you. I promise no blood shall be shed today if we have nothing to hide."

Kade Rivok

Dantin looked over at Waiata, unsure of what to do.  He didn't much like this sort of trickery and use of threats; for some reason it just didn't sit well with him.  Then again, though, he didn't have much experience with handling things like this in the first place, so he didn't really know what else to do either.  At the very least, her tactic seemed to be working quite well.  He decided he'd leave things up to his new bat friend, trusting in her expertise and experience.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

Verdauga

As Ara followed Brink down the hall, he heard the voices rise in volume. And he soon heard another voice join in. A familiar voice.....
"Brink, they are nearby, chap. 'Round a corner, I think."

OOC: We'll probably break down the door if it doesn't open on the other end.
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

MathLuk

"Fine!" Algirdas grumbled. So the voices were quite obstinate. Tracing the torchlight to a door, he tried to push it open, but to no avail. Pulling did nothing as well, so the squirrel went for the third option and pushed it again, but to the side.

The door slid open, and the face of the one and only Ara Chycer showed itself through a corner. The squirrel grumbled again.

shisteer of nothing much

Waiata flew down and pulled Dantin into the shadows, out of harm's way, then stayed silent, watching proceedings with interest. Neither of the new arrivals looked pleased to see each other.
Waiata checked her position, making sure she'd still be able to use the sound changing technique if she needed it. She somehow doubted the beasts would cause trouble but she was ready, just in case.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

The shrew was some way behind Ara and Brink, so all she saw was the door open, not whatever beast could have opened it. Perhaps it was whoever had been speaking earlier, an oddly familiar voice, yet one that didn't belong to either of her companions. She stayed in the shadows, her bow and arrows not far from paw, in case whoever it was was an enemy. The little she could see of Ara suggested that it might be.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Verdauga

Ara grimaced when he saw the squirrel. "How did he even find this place?" he thought. "Nevertheless, I look foolish standing here agape. He isn't the type to talk to himself; I wonder who he brought down here." Ara advanced and extended his paw to the squirrel. "Hello there, Algirdas. How're you holding up, old chap?"
He glanced into the room, barely lit by Algirdas' torch.
"And who are you talking with?" he muttered.

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

MathLuk

Chycer. The hare that consistently snubbed him. The hare that can't get the slightest grip on his own finances. The hare that uses a first-name basis.

Hiding a scowl, the squirrel shrugged. "I could have sworn that I heard a voice or two on this side of the door."

Verdauga

With that statement, Ara's ears perked up. "He did not bring them down here." he realized. "Just who are they, then?"
"You aren't the only one at that." Ara muttered to the the squirrel. To the pitch-dark room beyond, he said," 'Ello! We aren't here to hurt anyone, and we don't want anyone hurt! Nevertheless, would you mind coming out where we can see you? I don't want you distressing my..." He glanced toward Algirdas "...companions!"
Turning back to Torunis, he spoke again. "By the by, you migh' want to meet my newest hires. That hedgehog over there is Brinks, and the shrew, she doesn't go by a name, but she's employed all the same." With that Ara motioned to his colleagues to come to him.

OOC:Gotta go, but I'll edit this later. Should be enough to work with though.

shisteer of nothing much

Waiata nudged Dantin and gestured for him to stay in the shadows, flying just into the outer edge of the beasts' torch light.
"My name is Waiata, Waiata. I am friend to the honest, honest, but hostile to those that mean harm, mean harm. I assume your intentions are peaceful, peaceful."
Waiata found a perch and clung to it, her eyes still closed to block the light from them as she listened to the movement around her.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!