News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Who is the Protagonist of Loamhedge?

Started by clunylooney, May 28, 2020, 12:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

which one of these characters is the main character of loamhedge?

Lonna Bowstripe
Martha Braebuck
Hortwill Longblade Braebuck (Horty)
Other

clunylooney

I was going over all of the main protagonists in the series and I realized that I don't know who the main character is in Loamhedge! So, who do you think it is?
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Sailears

Bragoon and Saro as dual protagonists - I'd say the whole book is about the culmination of their story and enduring selflessness, both in terms of mentoring the younger creatures, and in pursuit of improving life for Martha.

Though with Lonna being on the front cover artwork, and having his own journey that weaves in with the other main protagonists does give weight to him taking centre stage, and Martha being essentially the plot device for the other characters to go on an adventure could say that the story revolves around her.

Personally I think these are all threads supporting the story of Bragoon and Saro, but I like that Loamhedge doesn't have a "Martin" or "Matthias" as such. Happens to be one of my favourite books also for this reason, where all the cast have their place and value, even Horty! :)
My ears, how are you, wot!