Redwall, 2020 (Revised name coming whenever)

Started by Verdauga, June 30, 2020, 01:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verdauga

*Takes a running jump and slaps this topic onto the board.*

Alright, so while IRL 2020 is a mess, Redwall is in an amazing state at this time! I'm not going to put too much up right now, but who wants to join on and help develop this?
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Sebias of Redwall

I, uh... I have no idea what this is. XD Is this an RP of Redwall with their own 2020?
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on June 30, 2020, 01:20:10 AM
I, uh... I have no idea what this is. XD Is this an RP of Redwall with their own 2020?
This... is a worldstate.  ;D

A worldstate is pretty much just that. The state of a world (Redwall, in this case) under a certain modifier. Originally, redwall was set roughly in the 12-1300s time in our history, and Kade and I presented a worldstate of it in the late 1600s. This will place it much further in the future: present day. Worldstates also include locations and sectionalities (Vermin, goodbeasts, et seq.) Buuttt, we don't have to follow all of the rules. We could have mass-produced jetpacks at this time in Redwall! (Just a suggestion.)

The differences between a worldstate and an RP are: a worldstate has spaces left blank to allow it to be used in mutiple RPs, and a worldstate created independently of an RP is much more comprehensive, and likely less conflicted.

Anyway, that's a worldstate, to the best of my ability to describe.

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Sebias of Redwall

Huh. Okay. I see what you mean. It sounds interesting, but honestly, I'm not sure if I'll be able to participate this round.  :-\ But I'll see.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

It isn't really a round. You can jump in whenever you want, unless Dann says otherwise.

shisteer of nothing much

I mean, I'm keen. Which country are we going for?
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on June 30, 2020, 01:35:53 AM
I mean, I'm keen. Which country are we going for?
Why, Mossflower country, of course!  ;D
But no; since this is a fantasy worldstate, it'd be unnecessarily limited to use one nation excluively.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Verdauga on June 30, 2020, 01:25:35 AM
Quote from: Sebias of Redwall on June 30, 2020, 01:20:10 AM
This... is a worldstate.  ;D

A worldstate is pretty much just that. The state of a world (Redwall, in this case) under a certain modifier. Originally, redwall was set roughly in the 12-1300s time in our history, and Kade and I presented a worldstate of it in the late 1600s. This will place it much further in the future: present day. Worldstates also include locations and sectionalities (Vermin, goodbeasts, et seq.) Buuttt, we don't have to follow all of the rules. We could have mass-produced jetpacks at this time in Redwall! (Just a suggestion.)

The differences between a worldstate and an RP are: a worldstate has spaces left blank to allow it to be used in mutiple RPs, and a worldstate created independently of an RP is much more comprehensive, and likely less conflicted.

Anyway, that's a worldstate, to the best of my ability to describe.

Pretty solid description: A+ Also, you're correct, bring the whole forum to help if you want (and can somehow manage)! I recommend having one or two "Heads," of the project (people that make the calls on what is given the green light), one obviously being the OP. Other than that, everyone is free to participate! I imagine cartographers are in disturbingly short supply, so if someone really likes mapping stuff, you've got a lot of potential friends to make around here should the board start to flourish XD
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Verdauga

Thanks! And yeah, cartographers are more than welcome here  :laugh:

Well, @Kade and @Teer expressed interest, so they're chained to this project as well.

I was thinking that a city would have grown up off to the west of the abbey, and the Abbey itself would have been redone for mainly memorial purposes.

shisteer of nothing much

That's an interesting concept. Are vermin still largely excluded from proceedings or is that 'racist'?

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

That's a good question. I would imagine that they would be more included in the proceedings of the city-state near Redwall, but don't get a lot of capability in say, a city that sprung up around Salamandastron. There could also be vermin-towns amidst Mossflower with varying degrees of law, order, and chaos.

shisteer of nothing much

Oh yeah, that sounds about right. I always find it difficult to make a world without making a story around it at the same time.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Wylder Treejumper

Cartography is the only artistic strength I have- from long years of creating Dungeons and Dragons campaigns- so once you have your setting laid out you need but give me a holler and I'll get out my sketchbook and straight edge.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jarky Thistlebrush

This is fascinating! Maybe Redwall could be a museum or something?
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Verdauga

Yep! I was thinking Redwall would be used for certain ceremonies, and be a sort museum of Mossflower's history. Do you want to join in for the long run, Jarky?

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on July 02, 2020, 06:26:08 AM
Cartography is the only artistic strength I have- from long years of creating Dungeons and Dragons campaigns- so once you have your setting laid out you need but give me a holler and I'll get out my sketchbook and straight edge.
I'll hold you to that, then ;)