Quest: Go After a Slaver Band, Which Turns Into a Fight Against Searats

Yes
8 (88.9%)
No
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: December 14, 2020, 05:09:11 PM

shisteer of nothing much

Alrighty, I will post soon. Question: What is the weather like at this point in the story?
Which season is it?
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Mara the Wolf

@shisteer of nothing much
Well, I imagine the Northlands are rather cold, given that it's probably based on Scotland (not that I know Scottish climate). But, I'd say slightly windy, just a bit chilly (but then, they're animals; most of 'em have fur and grow winter coats in the fall ::)). As for season, I'd say summer. Oh, and evening (yes, summer evenings can be chilly. Trust me. If I want to take walks in summer, I generally have to wait till 5PM, and trust me, in a couple hours, it'll be chil~ly.)
Fursonas:
Riley: Mountain lion, Sonic the Hedgehog
Amara: African wild dog, The Lion King/The Lion Guard
Masika: Eurasian river otter, Redwall
Mara: Wolf, general

shisteer of nothing much

Ah, gotcha. Sounds good. Thanks.

What's the layout of the inn?

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Mara the Wolf

It's fairly big (I'm guessing here, as I'm bad with measurements), I'd say it's 50 sq. ft. On the left side is the counter/bar, with about 6 barstools, and the kitchen's through a door behind the counter labeled with an "Employees Only" sign, and a 2-beast-wide staircase leading to the second floor, where all the bedrooms are located, is in furthmost left corner. On the right side is 6-8 round wooden tables, each capable of seating up to eight beasts. There's a window on each side of the front door, one in the furthermost right corner, and one by the foot of the stairs. At the top of the stairs are 8 common bedrooms (you have to share them with other beasts), and in front of the top of the stairs is Masika & Mara's room, labeled with an "Employees Only" sign, just like the kitchen door, and a small janitor's closet.
Fursonas:

shisteer of nothing much

Right, sounds good. What does the wall opposite the door look like? (I'm imagining it has a fireplace, some pictures either side of it, maybe an old, framed map or something)

Also, how is it lit, primarily? Obviously during the day the windows would provide quite a bit of light, but I gather this is evening. Are there lanterns hanging from the beams, candles, torches, what?

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Mara the Wolf

There's a bulletin board with quests right of the window near the staircase, and to the right of that is a fireplace with an old, framed map next to it, just like you described.

As for lighting, candles in bowls on the tables, with a big wheel in the center hanging from the ceiling with candles at the end of each spoke, and a few lanterns on the wall. The bedrooms each have one window, and a lantern for night-light.
Fursonas:

Dannflower Reguba

Hey Masika, hope things are going well. I just stopped by to mention real quick that we prefer that people avoid double posting in most circumstances. If you've got some new things to say, there is a "modify" button above and to the right of your post. Best of luck with your Inn!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Ebantu the Kararehe

This is interesting; I am considering joining. Would I be allowed to base a character on one of my OCs from a fanfiction?
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Mara the Wolf

As I said to shisteer, already existing OCs are allowed, so long as they follow the rules (no guns/modern tech besides surgery, no magic, no fantasy races like elves, dwarves, dragons, etc.)
Fursonas:

Ebantu the Kararehe

Awesome. I'll write up a character sheet later. ^-^
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

shisteer of nothing much

You should totally bring the snarky one in!

My questions are basically answered, but I think I need to bring in several other characters at the same time as Nitsyok, so my post will have to wait a few more hours. (I apologise)

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Mara the Wolf

Mara's already in, albeit with only one line. She and Masika are a duo, after all! (If you want to enjoy their first time, head over to Redwall Survivor and check out Masika & Mara's Tribute Reviews: http://redwallsurvivor.com/forums/index.php?topic=1877.0)
Fursonas:

The Grey Coincidence

Lol, I remember those. Not gonna lie... it was pretty easy to piece together who Veach's author was after the lil' cute debate :P

Also wow, you have no idea how much I had to restrain myself from saying 'Kew-Kew is not *ugly*!'
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Mara the Wolf

@The Grey Coincidence
Hah! Apparently you forgot your own description of him, Grey:
QuoteA horrific creature dropped down from the foliage above. A black mask of fur lay over wide, curious eyes that stared down at the mouse. It's tail and arms were bare, muscular and lined with a few stray strands of fur. It wore a skirt of feathers and carried a jagged spear in one paw.
Practically naked arms & tail on a weasel-ferret hybrid? Sounds ugly to me!
Fursonas:

The Grey Coincidence

But he looks *cute* when I draw him!!! A-and that's Margaret's perspective! Just coz *she* thinks he's ugly.

Probably going to launch myself into the RP proper now. Just need to know is the Inn in the middle of nowhere? In some town? Where exactly is it located?
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!