News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Wildflower Inn

Started by Mara the Wolf, October 31, 2020, 11:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mara the Wolf

(Sorry Grey — had to count all the characters again!)

Mara mentally thought out the sleeping arrangements a moment. "Last room on right," she said as Masika headed back into the kitchen to check on the shrimp'n'hotroot soup.
Fursonas:
Riley: Mountain lion, Sonic the Hedgehog
Amara: African wild dog, The Lion King/The Lion Guard
Masika: Eurasian river otter, Redwall
Mara: Wolf, general

The Grey Coincidence

Harl nodded. "I get a key or something?"
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Mara the Wolf

Mara nodded, grabbed the key, and handed it to Harlapple.
Fursonas:

The Grey Coincidence

"Thanks," stuffing the key into his belt, Harlapple made his way back to the table to await the arrival of his roommate.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

Ebantu the Kararehe

Quote from: Jarky Thistlebrush on November 16, 2020, 05:06:20 AM
Isaac looked anxiously at the two. "You... you agree?" They really seemed to be warming to him. He smiled toothily and puffed out his chest. "I mean, I'm glad you agree. It's certainly lovely to know you share my opinion." The fox leaned in. "Besides, it means that there's a table in this inn free of that mangy stuff. Oh, and you may call me Isaac the Fourth, if you like."
"Thank you," Fern replied sarcastically. Mayla smiled at Isaac and hoped he hadn't noticed. Fern was annoyed that the fox dismissed anybeast who didn't share his opinion as 'mangy'. It showed a small-mindedness and lack of empathy that irritated her. Not that she was well-known for being empathetic, Fern thought and smiled wryly to herself.
  "So," Mayla tried to restart the conversation. "You were bored. That's fair enough. What do you do most of the time? Fern and I pretty much just wander from place to place; sometimes working for a while, other times not."
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Mara the Wolf

(I assume Mayla was talking to Nyika?)

"I'm an apprentice weaponsmith. I also help unload ships back in my hometown, an' I also deliver food here occasionally. Heh, had to learn to properly salt veggies an' carry barrels of live fish if I didn't want to the food t' go rotten," Nyika responded with a small grin that seemed a mix of pride and embarrassment.
Fursonas:

Ebantu the Kararehe

(She wasn't, but this works ;))

"I see," Mayla shifted slightly to face the wildcat. "Do you have a cart or something to carry the barrels? Also, how far away is your home town? Surely not too far if you bring that much food."
Infant Ebby is a smol, out-of-control firebending terror. It's a good thing she's also quite cute.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Mara the Wolf

Nyika snorted. "Of course I have a cart. How else would I deliver food? And Karravale's a week north, slightly west, of here."
Fursonas:

Jarky Thistlebrush

Quote from: Masika on December 11, 2020, 06:08:12 PM
(I assume Mayla was talking to Nyika?)

"I'm an apprentice weaponsmith. I also help unload ships back in my hometown, an' I also deliver food here occasionally. Heh, had to learn to properly salt veggies an' carry barrels of live fish if I didn't want to the food t' go rotten," Nyika responded with a small grin that seemed a mix of pride and embarrassment.
(Let's just go with it)

Isaac, a little perturbed at being interrupted, considered snapping at Nyika but decided against it. It wouldn't do to make enemies this early on. Instead, he stood and made for the door. A little fresh air might help clear his head- he had offended what, three beasts already? This wasn't like him.
As he reached for the doorknob, however, the door swung open, revealing a tall grey and red fox. She cast her eyes around the inn before spotting Isaac cowering by the door.
"Isaac. Come with me. We're going home."
The following is a list of things to bring on holiday:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Mara the Wolf

Lightning cracked and thunder crashed outside. Mara came over to greet the new arrival. "Hey, c'mon in outta the rain. I'm Mara, one of the two owners of this inn. Wouldja like t' spend the night? I don' think this rain'll let up anytime soon."
Fursonas:

Jarky Thistlebrush

The grey-red fox blinked, then stepped fully inside. "Of course. Stay the night. Thank you. But after that, my cousin and I are going home." She straightened her rusty red tunic. "I'm Kyran. Kyran Larkington."
42 ~ Seb's Humility ~ Seb's toothbrush ~ Seb's soul ~ Half a Plane ~ Your Toothbrush ~ A creeping anxiety every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Pure Terror every time you look at your toothbrush ~ Death every time you look at your toothbrush

I had to move everything off the list but the bare essentials to make way for this:

Mara the Wolf

"Wouldja like anything t' eat? We've got salad, honeybread, and shrimp'n'hotroot soup an' deeper'n'ever pie cookin'."

Masika came out then with trays full of soup and honeybread just then.

"That's Masika, the other owner of the inn."
Fursonas:

Jarky Thistlebrush

"Good to meet you, Masika. I'm Kyran. I'll take shrimp'n'hotroot soup. But I won't pay for anything my cousin here stole," Kyran said politely. "He has plenty of his own money."
Isaac spluttered indignantly. "I- I didn't steal anything yet! And Ky, shrimp'n'hotroot soup?! Have you fallen so low?"
Kyran's voice was as cold as ice when she turned back to Isaac. "Isaac, you call me Kyran. Not Ky."
Isaac stood stock still for a second, then slunk off to sit with Fern and Mayla.

Crafter Man

Roughtail paid little mind to the new fox who had just entered the Inn except to note that she seemed to be related to the other fox, the one with that ridiculous hat.  As Roughtail made his way over to the door a thought struck the sea rat.  He was technically leaving the Inn even if for a brief moment so that should allow him his weapons.   He walked up to the innkeeper otter, "Aight water-dog, I be goin' outside.  Outside this blasted woodlander infested Inn, so lemme 'ave me weapons while I'm out there."  The night was dark and the storm outside raging, last thing he wanted was to be out there defenseless. 

Mara the Wolf

The otter raised an eyebrow. "One, do ya not see my paws are full, literally? Two, are ya headed out fer good or just answerin' the call of nature? 'Cause all ye need fer that is a shovel." Masika started giving the beasts who ordered them bowls of soup with a loaf of honeybread for each table.

Mara snorted. "Nice try, rat. That's like trying to kill a woodlander an' askin' t' go unpunished fer it. We ain't given ya any chances t' start trouble again. Oh, and if a vermin-hatin' badger happens t' come yer way, well, hope ya c'n outrun him!" Mara sniggered.
Fursonas: