News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What if Rose had lived?

Started by BadgerLordFiredrake, January 14, 2012, 02:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgerLordFiredrake

I was just wondering, because I had a really weird dream about it.
baby turtle forever

DanielofRedwall

For starters, Martin and Rose would marry, they would live in Noonvale, Martin would never travel to Mossflower and the whole continuation of the series would be ruined.

Also, if your interested, The Lady Shael wrote an excellent fanfic on the topic which you can find here.
Received mostly negative reviews.

BadgerLordFiredrake

If they had married, they might have gone to the origins of Redwall and started building a hom that eventuallly turned into the Abbey.
Be CREATIVE, Daniel!
baby turtle forever

Tiria Wildlough

If they had married, Mossflower and the CORIM would have been done for.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

BadgerLordFiredrake

Maybe not.  Who knows about Brian Jacues' imagination? Only Brian Jacques.
baby turtle forever

Melody

I would think Rose would travel with Martin, I can't see him settling down at noonvale.

BadgerLordFiredrake

Exactly, Melody.  I am SO glad you brought that up!
baby turtle forever

Melody

Itjust didn't SOUND like Martin to me.

redwallgurl

well if martin and rose had gone then wouldnt some others followed and maybe they couldve gone back to noonvale bringing help making mossflower a short book
Fun. is a fantastic band.

BadgerLordFiredrake

Or they would've wandered into mossflower next... and then helped Corim... and then defeated Tsarmina... and then Rose would be on the tapestry also!
baby turtle forever

Nightfire

I think they would have wandered around. Eventually, Martin's sword would have rusted and broke the next time he tried to kill a vermin with it, and he'd hear rumors about a badger being the beast to fix it. He'd meet Boar, who would fix his sword and make it the indescructable blade we know, and they'd travel south, wantint got get away from the oceans and cold weather. Then Martin and Rose would've met up with Gonff as he tried to steal their dinner, and, after threatening him at swordpoint for a bit, Martin would hear the story about the Corim and Tsarmina, and he'd help. Rose would become best friends with Columbine, and the two of them woud've grumbled about Gonff and Martin's dangerous exploits.

That's only what I think would happen, though. And maybe Martin and Rose would end up having a child.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

redwallgurl

but when martin and rose would wander around mossflower wouldnt they would be captured by korim then how would they escape or something different
Fun. is a fantastic band.

BadgerLordFiredrake

Same as mossflower but they would have kids?
baby turtle forever

Bragoon

I disagree.  It seemed to me that Martin intended to settle down in Noonvale with Rose, until she died.  And in the end he still settled down, just in Mossflower, so it's not like he never would have stayed someplace.  I think he would have stayed in Noonvale.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

BadgerLordFiredrake

Quote from: Bragoon on January 29, 2012, 01:14:00 AM
I disagree.  It seemed to me that Martin intended to settle down in Noonvale with Rose, until she died.  And in the end he still settled down, just in Mossflower, so it's not like he never would have stayed someplace.  I think he would have stayed in Noonvale.
Well, we all have our own opinion.
Mine is that Martin's personality is like that of Bragooon and Saro's:  He is a wandering awrrior.
baby turtle forever