News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

What if Rose had lived?

Started by BadgerLordFiredrake, January 14, 2012, 02:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bragoon

The issue I take with that is that he never displayed any signs of simply wandering.  He traveled straight South until he hit Mossflower, then he stayed there.  He was at home with his clan until he was captured by Badrang, then he was going to settle down with Rose until she was killed, then he did settle down in Mossflower, barring the one time when he went to find out about what happened to his father.  He did a lot of travelling, but never just aimless wandering.  He always had a purpose, either looking for a new home to start a new life, or seeking answers about his father. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

MatthiasMan

Gee I don't know. Obviously he would've gotten married to Rose. Matthias would not be born and Redwall would not exist. That means, that Martin would have to name his son Matthias, or a duaghter Cornflower or something.

Bragoon

Why wouldn't Matthias be born?  Matthias wasn't directly descended from Martin, since Martin had no children.  Whether Matthias is distantly related to Martin or not, Matthias birth wouldn't be affected by Martin's marriage, unless you want to get into the infinitely complicated theories of "Well if Martin hadn't come, maybe Matthias' parents wouldn't have met" or whatever.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

MatthiasMan

well I don't know, the first book was redwall, so Brian Jaques had a plan most likely from the beginnig

ILoveMTW

Mossflower would have never been saved from the clutches of Tsarmina. Martin traveled to Mossflower because he couldn't face Rose's parents after her death. He had vowed to protect her, but she ended up dead. The failure caused him to travel, and if he had not traveled, Mossflower would never have been saved, and Redwall Abbey probably would have never been built. In a sense, it's a blessing that Rose had died, but it's terrible for Martin. He did find happiness after all his sorrow, but it's excruciating to lose someone you love like that.
"You should have killed me when you had the chance, cat, because I vow that I will slay you one day!" ~Martin the Warrior, Mossflower

MatthiasMan

Yeah. I wish if Rose did live they both traveled south.

Dannflower Reguba

Still think it was a BIG mistake, he could have gone travleing if she had lived, and then their would be good reason for Matthias to be related to Martin.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Tiria Wildlough

In a way, Rose had to die, because she wasn't mentioned in Mossflower, which was written before MTW.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dannflower Reguba

Who says she has to be?  :o :o :o :o There are ways around that too!

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

MatthiasMan

Tiria Wildlough

Yeah, there are, but not realistic ones.
She could have traveled south with Martin, but something tells me that they probably wouldn't do that. They probably would have gotten married and settled down in Noonvale. Remember that Martin wasn't as much of a warrior as he was in Mossflower or The Legend of Luke, and it would have been easier for him to settle down and lead a peaceful life.
Or maybe the Corim could have sent somebeast to find help, like in Lady Shael's fanfic, but there's a strong chance that this creature would go somewhere else, and not in the direction of Noonvale.
I can't think of any more options. If you can, tell me. :D
I'm not a hipster.

Dannflower Reguba

OR! Rose could have APPEARED to be dead, but actually survived! Jaques never tells if she dies or not :o, Rose could recover and then journey to find Martin and find him just a bit after he returns from the adventures mentioned in Legend of Luke. :)

MatthiasMan

Yeah! See?? I bet Rose DID live but he never put it in.

Tiria Wildlough

It's not likely. Even if she had lived, she wouldn't be right in the head.
I'm not a hipster.

Dannflower Reguba

Says who!? There have been some MIRACULOUS recoveries in the series. This would be an easy one!