Characters that didn't add much to the plot

Started by Tiria Wildlough, January 29, 2012, 06:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

There are quite a few of these characters in Redwall. Talk about them here, and, if you have a favourite, which one?
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Dotti

Hmmm, one of my favorite non-main character characters was Molemum Burbee.  She was so cute.  She didn't do much except take tea on the walltop with the abbess, but she added a homey atmosphere to that book. :)
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Bragoon

I liked Tirry Lingl and Bruff's families (Outcast of Redwall). 

"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Rosie Ronan

I really liked Fuffle from Martin the Warrior  ;D  On the audio tape, his voice is utterly adorable!
Never give up.

Osu

I LOVE the minor characters! I like to image awesome backstories for them that never got brought up in the book, haha. ^^;

Bribbs from The Rogue Crew, if I may. He was only mentioned a couple times in the same scene, and he didn't do anything useful - except bring a few creatures to tears, I suppose, but I don't want to spoil the book for you.  ;)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Tiria Wildlough

I agree with you about Bribbs.
I like all the minor otters from the Rogue Crew, especially Endar Feyblade and Kite. They had such cool names! But...

The Rogue Crew
They died. :'(
[close]
I'm not a hipster.

Osu

Right! Ever notice that? All of the coolest minor characters.... well, you know. Drives me nuts sometimes!
I have to agree with you on Kite, too. Definitely did not expect that part of the book. o.o
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Tiria Wildlough

Aye. My eyes were stuck on that sentence for ages, and my mind was going, 'NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOO!' :o :'(
I'm not a hipster.

Bragoon

I also like Abruc and Stugg quite a lot (Loamhedge).  I thought the part Abruc played was quite noble, and I'd like to think that's the kind of man I'll be someday (if I'm not there now).  Stugg was just cute. 

"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Nightfire

I think about Coll, from Legend of Luke, and how he added so little to the story. And Bubbub the sand lizard, from Loamhedge. Aside form a tiny bit of comic relief, he wasn't much worth to the storyline.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Flandor

Stugg and Abruc were cute!  I liked them a lot.

I also liked all of Luke's crew, Cardo most of all.  I was so sad when they died in the wreck.

I also liked Brinty (I think that was his name) from High Rhulain, Tiria's friend who dies fighting vermin outside the Abbey gates.

I always get sad too when poor Burrley the mole dies of Dryditch fever in Salamandastron.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

GeminyaTome

I really like all of the hares that are just mentioned, or you just see little vignettes  of. I really liked the twin hares in Rakkety Tam, I was devastated when one of them died. (I can't remember their names...)
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

Ferdy and Coggs

Ferdy and Coggs! There were the cutest characters in Mossflower (the book), I loved how they always mimicked each other. :3
"We all have our thing, it's just what we do."

Favorite Redwall Book -- Mossflower
Currently Reading -- The Rogue Crew
Ferdy and Coggs -- Best Characters Yet

Tannsrall

if you not shoopid then don' ask shoopid questions - mousebabe from Bellmaker

I am the law!

-

Redwallfan7

I like the fighting skills of the otters ;)

Thrugg rocks
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers