News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Girly Thread

Started by Tiria Wildlough, February 10, 2012, 09:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flib Bigboat

I for one do not have ladylike hands. They've got callouses and scars, and the nails always have dirt underneath them. Also they're always getting splinters stuck in them.
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Booklover

I can't think of anyone I know who does have ladylike hands. Then again, it's not like I pay attention to people's hands.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Flib Bigboat

XD I thought your pfp was Inigo Montoya.
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Booklover

How would that change anything?

Flib Bigboat

Quote from: Booklover on July 14, 2021, 04:13:37 PM
I can't think of anyone I know who does have ladylike hands. Then again, it's not like I pay attention to people's hands.
YOU ARE INIGO. YOU ARE HUNTING FOR A MAN WITH SIX FINGERS ON HIS RIGHT HAND.
Long live the RRR!

Booklover

...good point.

I don't pay attention to how ladylike people's hands are.

Flib Bigboat

Nobody does. That is the whole point.
Long live the RRR!

Booklover

What makes hands ladylike, though? What makes anything ladylike? Why do we have a concept of things being ladylike? Why should it matter whether or not something or someone is ladylike?

Flib Bigboat

If they scream when they see a shark or a toad, they are ladylike.

And while we're on the subject of asking philosophical questions:
I'm not sure if this is the correct quote, but whatever.
What is the speed velocity of an unladen sparrow?
[close]
Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Isn't it 'airspeed velocity'?

Flib Bigboat

I don't know, what book is it from?
Long live the RRR!

Booklover

It's from a film. Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Flib Bigboat

I've never seen it before. Isn't it like a Medieval-times comedy?

Edit: I saw the witch scene on Youtube once, but that was all.

http://moviegifss.tumblr.com/post/22038677205
Long live the RRR!

Russa Nodrey

Quote from: MeadowR on July 14, 2021, 03:27:14 PM
^ XD

Has anyone else (who is actually a girl) got rather unladylike hands? :P I bite my nails and the skin around a lot and they really don't look nicely shaped at the ends like a dainty ladylike hand should look!
Currently trying to break a similar habit.

Also, my fingers are kinda odd, but I guess these are the hands that I've been dealt.
Freddy

Flib Bigboat

Same here. And if you don't worry about how they look, you'll be quite happy.
Long live the RRR!