News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Who's the best Bow and Arrow animal?

Started by MatthiasMan, April 04, 2012, 12:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Favorite Bow and Arrow

Grath
13 (30.2%)
Samkin
8 (18.6%)
Lonna
21 (48.8%)
Inbar
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 42

MatthiasMan

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Bragoon

Lonna Bowstripe.  Grath was very good, but Lonna had a clear advantage due to his size and strength, which enabled him to have a more powerful bow. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Wolfstar

I would say Lonna would be first followed by Grath.
Happy and kind.

Skipper

Lonna definately, Grath was good but Lonna had more power so his shots caused more damage, also for some reason i think Iris was more skilled with a bow then Grath.

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Dannflower Reguba

Samkim, all the others had size advantages. :P
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Ciaran Galedeep

Cregga! (and Songbreezes grandma!) little foxy had no chance!

Dannflower Reguba

Nuh uh, Samkim was wayyyyyy better. Any of them could hit a fox but who can strike the center of an apple? Samkim!

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Bragoon

Lonna could hit a piece of wood at a great distance, not to mention the fact that he knew how to adjust the angle of his bow in order to hit targets much further away, but still maintained his accuracy. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Dannflower Reguba

Might I add that Loamhedge came AFTER Salamandastron? (the books) Jaques had more experiance with the treatment of bows the more he used, and Lonna had a HUGE size advantage. One more thing, Samkim could shoot an apple from a great distance SPOT ON A piece of drift wood would be MUCH larger than  a russet!

Søren

Quote from: MatthiasMan on April 04, 2012, 12:21:57 AM
I think it was Grath Longfletch.
I think it is a tie between her and er, I think it was Queen Amber, she was in mossflower and Legend of Luke, oh I forget. Can I get some help please! :-\

I'm retired from the forum

Dannflower Reguba

Yes she was in those two books... But that doesn't change the fact that Samkim could shoot better than any! ;D

Ciaran Galedeep

Quote from: danflorreguba on April 04, 2012, 09:07:18 PM
Yes she was in those two books... But that doesn't change the fact that Samkim could shoot better than any! ;D
the only issue i have with Samkim is his weapon of choice was the sword of martin the warrior, much like Matthias in redwall used a staff to begin with... as far as i can recall he didn't take his archery equiptment with into battle. also we as a communtiy are forgetting two archers Doomeye (ripfangs brother) and Valluge Bowbeast (from Tanggerung) Valluge is said to have been able to his a moving dragonfly... so where does that leave us?

Dannflower Reguba

Yes but they never SHOWED proof all he did was shoot an otter in a stream at point blank, and as for Doomeye, It's pretty easy to hit a HUGE target that is not moving. As for Samkim never fighting with a bow.... That's hard to answer but he was still the best.