News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Easter Weekend!

Started by DanielofRedwall, April 06, 2012, 05:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielofRedwall

Today is Good Friday and the start of the Easter weekend! Are any of you doing anything in particular to celebrate it?

Obviously I went to Church today and I'll go on Sunday. We'll be having a barbecue tomorrow (Saturday).
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lutra

We've never done much for Easter.  Family comes in to meet us, we do Easter Sunday mass, and lunch out somewhere.  This year seems to be just the same. :)  Its not very "commercial" in this house.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Lily

Easter is one of the only western holidays that Japanese people haven't appropriated. I'd say most of them know that there's a Christian "festival" called Easter, but that's about it. I still had work today (I'm still there now :() and I'll have work on Monday. In fact, Monday is the first day of the new school year, so I'll be doing some last-minute lesson planning over the weekend! Depending on the weather, on Sunday I'll either be dressed in a kimono serving tea to people at a cherry blossom viewing event or playing taiko at a grass burning event... so my Easter won't be very Easter-y.

Happy Easter everyone, and may we not forget the real reason for this holiday.

Firehawke

My family celebrates together.  And we go to Church, just like we do every Sunday.
One thing that we do that a lot of people might not is that ever since I was little, the Easter Bunny came to my house on Saturday, keeping Sunday about the real reason for Easter instead of about the bunny.
The knitting, crochecting, Zoo Tycoon playing, frog loving member!

redwallgurl

we dont really do anything we go and do an easter egg hunt weat chocolate and have  a good dinner
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Redwallfan7

I might color eggs... I still have to decide.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Tiria Wildlough

My family didn't go to church on Friday, but we will on Sunday. There's no Easter holiday where I live, and I like it that way, because in Australia, it's all about the Easter bunny and cheesy stuff like that.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

MatthiasMan

Well I have 9 siblings. I'm the youngest. On Easter, The Easter Bunny comes. I still beleive he ruins the purpose of Easter, like Santa Claus.Not many of my siblings come home. I'm the only one not in highschool now.

Mad Maudie

well i go to Easter vigil which is a mass at 11 or something at night it goes on for two or three hours then i go home sleep for a few hours then go to sunday morning mass then this year we're having an Easter egg hunt (That hardly ever happens)
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

MatthiasMan

Cool. Never been to one. What do ya do?

Trisscar95

I'm going to go to church Easter Morning. Then my family is going over to my uncle's house for a egg hunt and Easter dinner.
'Twixt leaning ash and poison gold,
Trisscar Swordmaid, look, behold,
What is sought by everyone.
Now! Ere high noon light moves on.'

MatthiasMan

What's the rules for an egg hunt? Today's EASTER! YES!

Lutra

Any egg hunts I've done with family, you find your eggs, and leave those that aren't yours where they are.  I've been known to sneak hints about where other's eggs are, but they don't get em so they're usually out looking longer.  ;)

Easter isn't as commercial as Christmas, so the religious message of Easter rings through all the Easter bunnies and candy commercials.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Matthias720

I'm heading over to a friend's house later for dinner as I've done for a couple of years. It's a nice quiet time.

DeathRage

I am Deathrage. Leader of a horde of rats. Bow to me. If you do not... You will see.