Previous topic - Next topic

Who is better?

Who done it?
2 (22.2%)
Who gonna do it?
7 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

WildDoogyPlumm

Arula!  Samkim was cool but I thought Arula was better, no offense.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Dannflower Reguba

What is it with people and never agreeing with me!!! Samkim was SSSSOOOO much awesomer than Arula!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: danflorreguba on April 11, 2012, 08:44:41 PM
What is it with people and never agreeing with me!!! Samkim was SSSSOOOO much awesomer than Arula!
When Samkim got in trouble with the apple incident, Arula was right there. "Oi told Sanken to shoot ee arpel!"
Her not-knowing-how-to-count was hilarious.
Plus IRL I'm a girl, so I like strong female characters like Arula.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Dannflower Reguba

You'll notice that Samkim was trying to defend Arula, not himself (that part drives me nuts!!!) Yes the not counting properly was hilarious....... YOUR A GIRL!!!!!! (wow... go figure)

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

WildDoogyPlumm

Was he?  I think they were trying to defend each other.  Why does that drive you nuts?
Yeah I'm a girl...but I don't mind being called a boy.  I look like a boy IRL so I'm used to it.

Bragoon

Arula. 

Samkim was nice, but he was a rather typical Redwall hero, whereas I thought Arula was a little more fresh and original. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Dannflower Reguba

Uh how? And besides, Redwall was young then, what order did you read the books in!?

Bragoon

I read Salamandastron about in the middle. 
He just wasn't particularly memorable to me.  Part of it was that Salamandastron wasn't one of my favorite books either, but all the same, Samkim just didn't have the same feel as, say, Martin the Third (or Second, as he's usually called).  I think he felt a bit too simple to me.  Rather like Dannflor, he didn't seem cut out for the part he was given, and that tends to turn me away from those characters.  Arula seemed to fir much better.
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Dannflower Reguba

Well thank you ever so much for the insult! I'm going to have to restrain myself from using smileys since I'd just start exchanging insults if I did.

DeathRage

I am Deathrage. Leader of a horde of rats. Bow to me. If you do not... You will see.

WildDoogyPlumm

I also liked having to read half of all that was said during Arula and Samkim's scenes in mole-speak.  ;D

Dannflower Reguba

I know he was talking about Dannflor from the book... And that is what is insulting!

Bragoon

I hold to my statement, and owe no apology. 

Dannflower Reguba

Never said you did... Just that your being insulting... to me and another on this Forum.

Okay time to rap this one up
Samkim: 4
Arula: 2

GGRRRRR! I can't decide on my own pole! Gonff vs. Dinny.

Bragoon

I voted Dinny.  Gonff has always had an awkward feel to me, like a male Sue.  Dinny was a good example of a mole - homely, courteous, and not easily put off.