News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Did Veil die as a villain or a goodbeast?

Started by ILoveMTW, April 16, 2012, 10:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shogg

Oh and bryony was not a wimp.  She went after Veil, didn't she.
Ar, it all depends on how you look at it.
She just had a wimpy way of going about things.
(She was a redwall novice after all.)
We are the wrath of the warrior's shadow
And the gaunlet of the Republic
Those who stand before us light the night sky with flame
Our vengeance burns brighter still
Every last traitorous soul shall kneel.

Skipper

I think the only reason Veil died good was because his mother was a good creature (from the impression i get, though there's not much to go on) and because the good greatures of redwall finally managed to yeach him something about being good and kind.

Tiria Wildlough

Primrose, Bryony wasn't a wimp. If she was a wimp, she wouldn't have gone after Veil.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lutra

Veil died a goodbeast, even if he made lousy choices at the Abbey that got him exiled.  His courage and action at the end proves it...one of the few times you run into a gray character in Redwall.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Taggerung The Otter

For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Capn Greypatch

Oh, I think Veil was always a good beast...just very lost and independant.
But if there was any question, he definitely died a goodbeast.
Too bad his father was an evil warlord...
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing". - George Bernard Shaw

Skarlathrox

Seriously I don't think either. I don't think even he had decided whether he wanted to be good or bad before he died..... I think it was a flash of his indecision showing when he saved Briony's life, but whether or not (as she wonders) he would have done the same, knowing that he would die. Who knows - maybe he would have lived on as a peaceful Abbey-dweller, or he could have stayed with his father and become the next warlord, slaughtering innocent creatures and doing evil deeds. But we'll never know, because he died ^_^. 
~*This Signature is the Best!*~

Veil Sixclaw

I think veil died as a good beat but also a villan cuz he saved bryony but was it out of good intention or respect/loyalty ??? im not really sure about my answer though im just feeling a bit puzzled
and yes i know i spelt my username wrong just get over it its a simple mistake

p.s veil is one of my faverouite characters
Pie iz awesome

Flurgy Twinj

Quote from: Shogg on April 18, 2012, 10:37:36 PMHowever, he wasn't doing it for the good of all, he was only doing it out of loyalty to bryony.  She was the only one he felt deserved his loyalty at the end.

That's what I think as well.

Veil was a villain who only sacrificed himself for Bryony out of a sense of loyalty to her. He didn't care about any of the other Redwallers or 'the greater good' and would quite happily have allowed anybody else to die.

And Bryony wasn't a wimp.  :P She had a gentle manner about her and only wanted to see the good in other creatures but she also showed courage beyond her years by leaving to go after Veil.
From tummy ache, soretail and sniffs,
From grunge and whisker cramp,
From wobbly paws, and flurgy twinj,
O keep all in this camp.