News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

What if Methuselah had lived?

Started by Methuselah, April 23, 2012, 04:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Lutra

We know that....did Matthias?  ;)  Like I said, as far as he was aware they were in tandem with Cluny and made deals with him.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Bluefire

I'm pretty sure Chikenhound/Slagar despised Cluny...I could be wrong.

Dannflower Reguba

Chickenhound was pobably just mad at Cluny (well... actually most likely FURIOUS) about nearly being killed... He didn't care about Selah.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

MatthiasMan

If Methuselah lived then Cluny would take over Redwall.

Coobreedan

Quote from: Lutra on May 03, 2012, 12:15:05 AM
We know that....did Matthias?  ;)

Either he didn't know or he just is too kind. I'm not saying he should be like Cluny, but he can't be so kind. Then again, he knew who he should be nasty to though (Asmodeus and Cluny).
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Tam and Martin

I didn't really care much for Methuselahs death. :-\

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: danflorreguba on May 02, 2012, 02:21:13 AM
Quote from: Lutra on April 30, 2012, 11:14:40 PM
Quote from: danflorreguba on April 30, 2012, 07:50:10 PM
That's the funny thing, wouldn't he be out after Chickenhound then?

As far as Matthias knew (book or tv series) the foxes worked for Cluny, thus Cluny is responsible.
But Chickenhound had clearly shown he WASN'T with Cluny!
Yes, but it was still Cluny's fault.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Something Horrifying

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on September 28, 2012, 11:27:22 PM
Quote from: danflorreguba on May 02, 2012, 02:21:13 AM
Quote from: Lutra on April 30, 2012, 11:14:40 PM
Quote from: danflorreguba on April 30, 2012, 07:50:10 PM
That's the funny thing, wouldn't he be out after Chickenhound then?

As far as Matthias knew (book or tv series) the foxes worked for Cluny, thus Cluny is responsible.
But Chickenhound had clearly shown he WASN'T with Cluny!
Yes, but it was still Cluny's fault.
How, exactly? If I recall correctly, Cluny actually meant to have the foxes killed, and Chickenhound managed to survive. If anything, Methuselah would actually have been saved if Cluny had succeeded in killing both foxes. Whether Matthias thought it was Cluny's fault is another matter (though you'd think after the tip about the tunnel turned out to be true, it would be obvious he wasn't working for him).

An interesting thing to think about, though...if Chickenhound hadn't come to Redwall, it probably would have been taken, since he tipped them off about the tunnel. So despite Methuselah's death, Chickenhound may have inadvertently saved the abbey? And considering the death was an accident...I'd say I consider Chickenhound (pre-snake bite) to be something of a grey character. Leaning towards darker, maybe, but probably grey none the less. Could partially be my discomfort with the racist "gypsy" (which is a slur, by the way, please don't use this word) stereotypes talking here, though. :| Seriously, I hope nobody thinks that was okay. Brian wrote some great stuff, but he wasn't perfect.
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall