News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Season Name

Started by gorath, June 01, 2012, 07:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorath

I was just wondering, where can you put a name you have made up for the season? ( Moderator's Question )
My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Season Namers are selected when they are required, by the staff. Candidates must meet the criteria of being a good example of a contributor to the forum.

Moved topic to appropriate board.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Dannflower Reguba

Out of curiosity, what are these criteria? Otherwise those of us who try to add as much to these boards may never have the chance to enjoy naming a season because there was one thing we did wrong and never knew about it... Speaking out because I like trying to keep up with the Moderators expectations.  :)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Dannflor

''Yea before I knew this I was searching the website up and down for a post from a Moderator and never found one I really want everyone to get a chance to name a season.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

AbbotAlf0805

I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Follow the rules, respect people, and make your posts seriously count (in content, not sheer mass of them).
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Galedeep

There are indeed over one thousand members on this fine forum, so don't be dissapointed if you aren't picked. So instead, focus on being a par of the community and celebrate those who are picked. It is not a contest, simply a reason to have fun and welcome the new season in the spirit of Redwall and in the memory of Brian Jacques.

Have a joyous Summer of Renewed Hopes!

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on June 01, 2012, 09:40:18 PM
Follow the rules, respect people, and make your posts seriously count (in content, not sheer mass of them).
Thank you!  :)

P.S. Am I the only person that gets embarrased when people start talking about number of posts not counting?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

gorath

Bragoon

Making lots of posts in The Cellars and Forum Games is nothing to be ashamed of.  People have different interests and different things to say.  There's nothing wrong with playing so long as it's in the appropriate forums, it's nice to see that our members are friendly enough to want to play with each other and talk about less serious things. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Dannflor

Quote from: Galedeep on June 01, 2012, 09:55:07 PM
There are indeed over one thousand members on this fine forum, so don't be dissapointed if you aren't picked. So instead, focus on being a par of the community and celebrate those who are picked. It is not a contest, simply a reason to have fun and welcome the new season in the spirit of Redwall and in the memory of Brian Jacques.

Have a joyous Summer of Renewed Hopes!

I am not Jelous happy for Trioma
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

gorath

Me neather, though I wish that there was a contest for the name. :'(

Redwaller

That could be a good idea!

Lutra

No contests....if it isn't broke, why fix it?  The current practice of mods nominating a member is more than fair.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

gorath

Your right, o outstanding otter.