For the love of Flinky!

Started by Flandor, June 12, 2012, 03:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flandor

Well, I was rereading Loamhedge recently, and it dawned on me just how much I LOVE Flinky the stoat!

He's so full of character and fun to read about! He's a loveable rogue, actually kind to most of his comrades and his mate, mentions constantly how he longs for a peaceful life, can sing and write songs, has a fabulous "Irish" brogue, and is remarkably clever, well-spoken, and thoughtful compared to just about every other vermin there's been.  One could even argue he was a gray character.  The only murder he wanted to commit would have been foe the good of him, his mate, and his friends.

Ah sure, a fine figure of a stoat he were!
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

I liked him too. Along with Bragoon and Saro, of course.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

Flinky was even better than Blaggut. He was soooo funny!
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Flandor

Of course I do have a bias towards all the characters with "Irish" accents.  Rangval the Rogue, Killconey, Gerul the owl...

But Flinky was just pure awesome. 
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

I like some vermin, like Flinky, Skalrag, bane, etc
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Flandor on June 12, 2012, 04:07:37 AM
Of course I do have a bias towards all the characters with "Irish" accents.  Rangval the Rogue, Killconey, Gerul the owl...

I love Rusval too! (why wouldn't I?  ;))

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Flandor

Quote from: danflorreguba on June 12, 2012, 04:08:59 AM
Quote from: Flandor on June 12, 2012, 04:07:37 AM

I love Rusval too! (why wouldn't I?  ;))

Rangval y'mean?

Dannflower Reguba

Oops! HAHAHA! Yeah, Rangval... Can't believe I said Rusval... Even though he IS my dad....  ;D (username wise anyway)

Flandor

I really liked Rangval too.  Not so much as Flinky but he was a very cool character.  One of the highlights of Eulalia! which is not one of my favorite books.  I didn't like all the overpowered badgers but I did like Maudie, Rangval, and Gruntan Kurdly.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Flandor on June 12, 2012, 08:07:54 PM
I really liked Rangval too.  Not so much as Flinky but he was a very cool character.  One of the highlights of Eulalia! which is not one of my favorite books.  I didn't like all the overpowered badgers but I did like Maudie, Rangval, and Gruntan Kurdly.

I hate Maudie, she seems to do too much in the book. You'll notice that she always seems to be able to end up on top of everyone... Worst part in the book is when everyone (especially Maudie) starts to threaten Rangval for talking about food... They were just plain mean!

Flandor

Quote from: danflorreguba on June 12, 2012, 08:16:41 PM

I hate Maudie, she seems to do too much in the book. You'll notice that she always seems to be able to end up on top of everyone... Worst part in the book is when everyone (especially Maudie) starts to threaten Rangval for talking about food... They were just plain mean!

She was at least more interesting than the super overpowered good-at-everything all knowing badgers...

Redwallfan7

Flinky and Juppa (was that his mate's name?) are cool. But sorry, otters will always be my number one pick  ;)

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Flandor on June 12, 2012, 08:17:52 PM
Quote from: danflorreguba on June 12, 2012, 08:16:41 PM

She was at least more interesting than the super overpowered good-at-everything all knowing badgers...

Hmmmm.... Sorta... I guess sometimes, especially considering all Gorath did was get mad, and all whats her face did was look for him.

Flandor

The wise old one got on my nerves the most I suppose.

And Flinky's mate was Crinktail.

Dannflower Reguba

You mean the Tabura? HE DROVE ME NUTS!  :D