News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

For the love of Flinky!

Started by Flandor, June 12, 2012, 03:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

clunylooney

Quote from: Flandor on June 12, 2012, 04:07:37 AM
Of course I do have a bias towards all the characters with "Irish" accents.  Rangval the Rogue, Killconey, Gerul the owl...

But Flinky was just pure awesome.
Wait, Killconey, Gerul, Rangval and Flinky had Irish accents? ???
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Captain Wortshire

Quote from: clunylooney on May 10, 2020, 05:02:53 PM
Of course I do have a bias towards all the characters with "Irish" accents.  Rangval the Rogue, Killconey, Gerul the owl...

I think he's talking about the audiobooks.
[move][/move]
"It's so sad. Nobody understands you. But the truth is you're the one who finds everyone & everything to be a pain in the butt."
"The moon tide is tugging on our hearts right now."
"Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul"
"We're making the mother of all omelettes here. Can't fret over every egg"
Spoiler
[close]

clunylooney

Quote from: Captain Wortshire on May 10, 2020, 05:49:17 PM
Quote from: clunylooney on May 10, 2020, 05:02:53 PM

I think he's talking about the audiobooks.
Nah. I actually looked back at Eulalia!, Rearls of Lutra and Redwall and they do seem to have some Irish flare to them. Which makes me love those characters even more, (Gerul and Killconey at least) but I JUST read Loamhedge (that was supposed to be an emphasis not yelling) and I don't really see an Irish flare to his voice, just a lay back, smooth talking honestly cool character. Which I would gladly trade out for Rangval. (no offense to Rangval fans, I just didn't care for him much)
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Corporal Rubbadub

I don't especially like flinky himself, i think he is unusual for a vermin. he knows a lot of songs, and lets himself be "tugged along" by Badredd. One part i like about him is when he sings Badredd to sleep.