Who is your favorite Villain?

Started by Superdreuzel, June 14, 2011, 04:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamer

Um....i think mine would be cluny the scourge.
~Dreamer~

Romsca

Ripred the Gnawer

Ok, I've got to say I've noticed that nobody has even mentioned Zwilt the Shade, but I have also got to say that he is awesome!
Cluny the Scourge is also really great (and he looks good!) :-*
QuoteCluny the Scourge
Cluny's infamous reign of terror took him far and wide. The greatest vermin warlord of all time had killed countless creatures prior to Redwall; his name was legendary even in a remote a place as Redwall Abbey.

A born conqueror, Cluny's strategic genius and physical might, as a whole, are unmatched by any other villain in the series. All of his plans mirror real, historic battlefield tactics, and leave little to be desired in terms of innovation. His physical skill and power is great, with a victory over a pike to his credit (something that the water rat Gloomer failed to achieve). He rapidly overwhelms Matthias, in spite of possessing inferior weaponry and armor, just by virtue of being so fast, strong, and tough.

His mental disorders seem to be brought on by the equivalent of a haunting -- it was something that the warlord had clearly never experienced before, and that couldn't be reasonably attributed to a flaw in the rat's mental makeup. It's worth noting that even when dealing with the aftereffects of these nightmares, that the Scourge remains a competent and capable villain, giving out effective orders to his troops.

No complaints to be had here; if you've read Redwall you should know it all. Cluny the Scourge is one of the greatest villains, not only in Redwall but in modern literature.
'We stop looking for monsters under the bed when we realize they are inside of us'
"If you gaze long enough into the abyss, it'll gaze back at you"