News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

how are we sure about the legititiveness of someones account info?

Started by mattimouse20, July 19, 2012, 11:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattimouse20

how do you know that a fifteen year old girl for example, isn't really a fifty year old man?
just wait until I make my daring escape!

psybox

mattimouse20

it doesn't. i'm just saying that you can never be too sure about someones personal information on the internet. i've never seen any of your real faces before so i don't know.

W0NWILL

And? What if someone lies a bit on this, it doesn't hurt you. Nor me. Nor anyone on this forum, and besides, you can tell it by how they act, a fifty year old man is going to act differently than a fifteen year old girl.

Flandor

You can't lol that's how it is on the internet.  That's why you don't give out personal info without getting to know people first, and even then you should be careful.  Especially if you are young. 
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Flandor on July 20, 2012, 01:34:11 AM
You can't lol that's how it is on the internet.  That's why you don't give out personal info without getting to know people first, and even then you should be careful.  Especially if you are young. 
What Flandor said. Also, if some member is doing anything they're not supposed to, a mod should be notified.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lutra

Just let a mod know if you suspect anything truly suspicious.  But you can't know anything for sure...its all the honor system here. :)  Everyone seems to be telling the truth as far as I've seen.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

mattimouse20

also , by getting to know someones personal interests and hobbies, you can tell a little bit more about the type of person they are.

Icefire

I would add that you should be especially careful about what personal information you publish here since anyone, member or non-member, can see your profile.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!