Keyla and TullGrew: yes or no?

Started by Redwallfan7, July 20, 2012, 02:53:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

what would you think if they were a couple?

sounds Romantic
8 (33.3%)
Eww
0 (0%)
they're ok as friends, nothing more
10 (41.7%)
I have no opinion
6 (25%)
who??
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Redwallfan7

I thought they would have made a great couple.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

W0NWILL

Flandor

I always got the impression Tullgrew was quite a bit older than Keyla though I'm not sure why.  I voted foe just friends for that reason.  I don't see anything wrong with the idea though.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Lutra

Quote from: Flandor on July 20, 2012, 02:57:15 AM
I always got the impression Tullgrew was quite a bit older than Keyla though I'm not sure why.  I voted foe just friends for that reason.  I don't see anything wrong with the idea though.

Again, that might depend on the book vs TV show.  You get that feeling if you watch the TV.  Read the book (or listen to the audiobook) and its reversed...Keyla could very much be older than Tullgrew. 

As it stands, I don't think there was ever any relationship between them in the story.  The slaves didn't have relationships it seems.  About all we know is Keyla went to Noonvale.  Tullgrew went there too as far as I remember, and it didn't seem like Noonvale had any resident otters.  Given the limited selection Keyla probably didn't have much a choice but to hook up with Tullgrew unless he left entirely. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Leatho Shellhound

Um yes I always thought they were brother and sister.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Tiria Wildlough

Well, like Flandor said, I thought Tullgrew was older than Keyla. In the books and the show he looks like a young teenager, but she looks quite a bit older.
But if their ages are similar, it's possible. ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

I sometimes have fantasies and dreams of them going away together to a romantic place.. and he surprises her with a candle lit dinner just for them.

Guess I need to get my head out of the clouds, Huh? I know that they never hooked up in the books, but still
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

WildDoogyPlumm

I think they were great as friends, nothing more.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

MatthiasMan

Gingivere Greeneyes

Funnily enough, I always thought they'd be nice together. I've even invented  a son for them! But that's probbably because I watched the show first...
Sela: The leaf is Redwall, Chickemhound is the boot.
Chickenhound: I don't wanna be the boot!
Sela: Shut up your the boot. You, Cluny are the rock, and I'm the sports car.
Cluny: I wanna be the sports car!
Sela: No. I'm always the sports car. D:<

Felldoh154

That would be cool, but I certainly hope they are around the same age if they r a couple :P

Tam and Martin

That is a really neat thought. I wish it would have happened.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Redwallfan7

Dannflor

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Tam and Martin

I can imagine them having kids and living at Noonvale.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000