Triggut Frap, grey or black? (give evidence, no character lists)

Started by W0NWILL, July 28, 2012, 05:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey or black?

Grey
3 (13.6%)
Black
19 (86.4%)

Total Members Voted: 22

W0NWILL

I personally think he's grey. He only enslaved the beasts because he felt they owed him, he kept the mousebabe and Calla and Urfa captive so the others would stay in line. He was only thinking of himself.

Lutra

This is one I felt is very much cut-and-dry....Truggut isn't a nice character, and doesn't seem to have any gray qualities.  He enslaved the young ones, clearly knowing what he was doing, pretty much forcing them to work for him and build him a house.  They couldn't leave the island.  I'd call this slavery--holding one against ones will in ##:1162--and as such, he is a black character.  Just because some may say "he's owed something" doesn't make it right. ;)  He wasn't written with gray intentions like other characters clearly have been.  He's no Veil, whom you could say had more good in him than this hedgehog.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Lutra on July 28, 2012, 05:14:55 PM
This is one I felt is very much cut-and-dry....Truggut isn't a nice character, and doesn't seem to have any gray qualities.  He enslaved the young ones, clearly knowing what he was doing, pretty much forcing them to work for him and build him a house.  They couldn't leave the island.  I'd call this slavery--holding one against ones will in ##:1162--and as such, he is a black character.  Just because some may say "he's owed something" doesn't make it right. ;)  He wasn't written with gray intentions like other characters clearly have been.  He's no Veil, whom you could say had more good in him than this hedgehog.
So, a gray character can have both good and evil qualities right?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

psybox

by definition, a gray character has both good and evil qualities.  Redwall fans just have a custom definition.

Redwallfan7

Quote from: psybox on July 28, 2012, 05:44:45 PM
by definition, a gray character has both good and evil qualities.  Redwall fans just have a custom definition.
well, then, what's the custom definition?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

psybox

Tiria Wildlough

Well, the custom definition would be incorrect. A grey character is one who is a bit bad and a bit good.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwallfan7

So, isn't there a bit of gray in everyone, then? Because everyone can act good or bad.

Flandor

Gray is a bit of good and bad, as Tiria said.  Blaggut was good.  Romsca was gray, but did seriously redeem herself in her final days.  Veil was gray.  A lot of the voles were gray.  

In real life, people are all mostly gray.  Redwall is a bit more cut and dry, and thus a bit less realistic in that regard.

Triggut was definitely black.  He was clearly insane, but insanity doesn't excuse him from being completely evil in my book.  He enslaved the young beasts, and threatened to have them murdered more than once.  He willingly would've caused them harm.  That makes him bad, whatever his sanity was.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Flandor on July 28, 2012, 10:29:41 PM
Gray is a bit of good and bad, as Tiria said.  Blaggut was good.  Romsca was gray, but did seriously redeem herself in her final days.  Veil was gray.  A lot of the voles were gray. 

In real life, people are all mostly gray.  Redwall is a bit more cut and dry, and thus a bit less realistic in that regard.

Triggut was definitely black.  He was clearly insane, but insanity doesn't excuse him from being completely evil in my book.  He enslaved the young beasts, and threatened to have them murdered more than once.  He willingly would've caused them harm.  That makes him bad, whatever his sanity was.
I have a very low opinion of Triggut. He has evil qualities in my pov.

The Shade

They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Tam and Martin

I voted Black. I didn't like him and he seemed evil to me.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

The Shade

They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Shadowed One

Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Ungatt Trunn

Life is too short to rush through it.