News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

my idea

Started by Trigoma, July 03, 2011, 07:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trigoma

eh tht works too. do what you want mods, you have heard the voice of the people...in a figurative sort of way...
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Dannflor

Yah a chat room
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Trigoma

This idea has been drifting around for quite a while now. I doubt it will ever come to pass.
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Dannflor

''huh it souds good
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Tiria Wildlough

Well, the mods said no, for some reason.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Trigoma

We can always just make our own chat. If someone knows a good site we can all go to. Just an idea.

~Trig~
—Happy Mask Salesman

Lutra

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on June 02, 2012, 03:46:36 AM
Well, the mods said no, for some reason.

We said no because there are plenty of places to host a chat outside of this board if you choose to (the major chat networks-AIM, Windows, Yahoo), plus stuff through Facebook, and various other chat programs.  These are all better developed than something we could put on the forum.  Plus remember this forum is not a chat room, and we have no intention of making it one by adding chat boxes and things like that.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tiria Wildlough

Anyway, there's no reason why we should have a special thing just for live chatting.
I'm not a hipster.

Trigoma

I found a site where we can chat! It isn't that great, but it does the job. Lets go test it out.

~Trig~
—Happy Mask Salesman

Redwallfan7

I'd say yes but I don't want to get in trouble with the mods.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lutra

Problem with that chat room - I can say my alias is Matthias720 (as could anyone else) and you'd be none the wiser if it was or wasn't. ;)  No security whatsoever.

As I said before, registered chat programs are the only way to go and to be assured with some sort of accuracy whom you are speaking to.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwallfan7

That makes sense. It's safer that way. I see your point now
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Trigoma

Of course. Not just anyone is going to walk into my chat room and say what they want. But I do know what you mean by security. Perhaps I can find a better site...

~Trig~
—Happy Mask Salesman

Tiria Wildlough

I joined it. Now you mods are probably facepalming and thinking, 'Oh, poor gullible Tiria...'. ;D
I'm not a hipster.

Lutra

Not not gullible...I just don't see it as a smart thing.  The mods here are not going to be responsible for that place if something goes wrong.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra