News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Manly Thread

Started by phoenixfoden, October 28, 2012, 01:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

Well, playing pretend is one thing, and LARPing is another. Playing is perfectly acceptable, in kids and in adults. LARPing, on the other hand, is not.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

shisteer of nothing much

I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Wylder Treejumper

Semantics, that's why  :D
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

shisteer of nothing much

I'll take your word for it. (Actually, I probably won't, but never mind)

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

lass of something much

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on May 16, 2020, 03:26:00 AM
You... LARP, Teer?

Poor, misguided soul.
:o

You are going crazy.
𝓛𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓮 𝓕𝓲𝓼𝓱

Wylder Treejumper

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on May 16, 2020, 03:36:57 AM
I'll take your word for it. (Actually, I probably won't, but never mind)
I wouldn't expect you to.

I actually do believe what I said, and I could put together a list of reasons and logic for my statement... but I'm too tired and lazy at the moment. Maybe someday not right after I dug out turf, pricker bushes and a tree  ;D
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

shisteer of nothing much

I mean, if you can give me a proper, reasoned argument for not liking LARPing, I may convert to your point of view. In the meantime, I'll just live in blissful ignorance of its horrors. (And long for the opportunity to join in)

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Sebias of Redwall

"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

They don't explain the brute squad in as much detail in the film as they do in the book.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

shisteer of nothing much

I need to read the book.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Verdauga

Quote from: shisteer of nothing much on May 16, 2020, 02:22:46 AM
Yes, child. I have been training him.
*Eyebrow rises above my hair.*

On LARPing:
When kids are playing, they aren't specifically dressing up as a specific character and acting as they would; they're just being pirates (Or U.S. and Taliban, but that's a different story.) But in it's defense, where do we draw the line on what is Larping?
Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

shisteer of nothing much

I'm not sure about you but, when I was a small child playing a game, I would always dress up. Dressing up as pirates and losing mum's kitchen  knives were the best things about it.

And another shiny thing:

Long live the RRR!

Verdauga

Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

Kade Rivok

*Flexes the forum in half.*
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!