Favorite Redwall Character

Started by Briar, June 09, 2011, 12:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariel

Quote from: Spring Breeze on June 10, 2011, 04:38:00 AM
My favorite changes with every book I read,   at the moment I would have to say Trisscar or Mara.

I think the reason you (and most of us) change our favorite characters so often is because Jacques has many different "roles" for characters to fill: for example, the young hero, the sidekick, the abbot/abbess, the friar, the badger lord/lady, the villain, the villain's cronies, the list goes on and on.  Whenever we, as readers, notice that one character is particularly good at filling in one of those roles, they automatically stand out as one of our favorites.  Therefore the best characters are those that fit their "mold" the best...pretty neat, eh?

Log a Log Grenn

My favorite is definitely Veil
Such a sad death though
Redwall is the best thing that ever happened to me

martins#1fan

As a villain, Badrang, a real murderous stoat!
As a hero, Martin and Luke are tied!
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Mariel

Quote from: martins#1fan on June 11, 2011, 08:14:17 PM

Well, after all they are related...I forget how.  Maybe step-cousins or something?  Maybe I should re-read Legend of Luke.  ;)

TinaFey123/Tomthetomatoe

Quote from: Mariel on June 12, 2011, 01:58:24 AM
Quote from: martins#1fan on June 11, 2011, 08:14:17 PM

Well, after all they are related...I forget how.  Maybe step-cousins or something?  Maybe I should re-read Legend of Luke.  ;)
That was funny! I kind of think that Cedric Diggory (from Harry Potter) would have been an interesting character in the Redwall books. I dunno why, but it kind of interests me.  ???

Osu

Martin is Luke's son! :D

I love every single one of those characters, but! For the sake of choosing, I'll say Cregga. I really got to like big Drander of the Rogue Crew, too.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Mariel

Quote from: osu on June 13, 2011, 03:25:40 AM
Martin is Luke's son! :D
I really got to like big Drander of the Rogue Crew, too.

Duh!  He only said something like "You are my son, Martin" about fifty bajillion times  ;)

I loved Drander so much!  I was so surprised and sad when he died..same with Swiffo.

Osu

Quote from: Mariel on June 13, 2011, 04:23:38 PMDuh!  He only said something like "You are my son, Martin" about fifty bajillion times  ;)
I loved Drander so much!  I was so surprised and sad when he died..same with Swiffo.

Ohhhh maybe he's actually his brother. Parlez-vous conspiracy? Bahaha.

Yes, Swiffo caught me by surprise; I was kinda hoping Dandy would get it eventually, he annoyed me. But Drander had everything going for him and WHY DO MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS ALWAYS DIE?
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

martins#1fan

TinaFey123/Tomthetomatoe

How can you say that?  Daskar murdered so many innocent animals.

Haha you're funny (not to mention modest).  And I know what you mean--I love some of the Redwall villains because of their poise and general kickin' attitude.
[/quote]
You are correct, Daskar was the equivalent of a Voldemort or Ronald Weasly.

martins#1fan

I'm also addicted to GRUMM!!!!!! ;D

Redwall Musician

Dotti, Tansy (Pansy :D!), Rollo, Lord Brocktree, Gonff, Mathias, Rackety Tam, and Martin. But I always find that the Dibbuns are cute. 
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Storm

My all time favorite character in the redwall books is Mariel. She is tough, smart, and has a cool weapon. Mariel of redwall is my favorite book.
Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears.
I have come to bury Caesar, not praise him.
"Julius Caesar" by William Shakespeare

Mariel

Quote from: Storm on June 17, 2011, 03:37:33 PM
My all time favorite character in the redwall books is Mariel. She is tough, smart, and has a cool weapon. Mariel of redwall is my favorite book.

Slap me five, girl!

martins#1fan

Martin is Luke's son! He said in Martin the Warrior, I will get back my father's sword like, a million times!