Main Menu

Redwall staff

Started by Vilu Daskar, November 28, 2012, 03:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilu Daskar

How do you get into the Redwall staff.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Matthias720

In a nutshell, we, the staff, appoint new moderators, when needed, based on how beneficial a member has been to the forum as a whole.

Leatho Shellhound

So does that mean I could be a staff member at some time?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Vilu Daskar

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Matthias720

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on November 28, 2012, 07:56:09 PM
So does that mean I could be a staff member at some time?
I can't really say. There are a number of different factors that are looked at when a new staff member is chosen. Since we aren't currently conducting an active search for a new moderator, there isn't any list I could look at and tell you what your odds are. Then again, would you really want to know?

Vilu Daskar

Buckler The Leg Buckler

I would probably have to wait until March when I have 1000 posts
"I'll live to close those evil eyes of yores fer good,Ublaz! This is war! Cut 'er loose, Rocpaw, 'tis waaaaaar!" - Pearls Of Lutra

Something Horrifying

Quote from: Buckler The Leg Buckler on December 01, 2012, 02:48:33 AM
I don't really know about the requirements for becoming staff, but I can pretty much promise you post count has nothing to do with it. Quality > Quantity.  ;)
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

Leatho Shellhound

Yes look at Matthias720 he only has 635 posts
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

BrookSkimmer

Number of posts has nothing to do with it. :D Something Horrifying is right, on the site in general quality over quantity is the important factor.

However, posting quality is also not what is looked for in prospective staff. Maturity, being active on the site(i.E. checking in at least a few times a week), and being a community builder are factors that make up a good addition to redwallabbey.com.

However, just portraying these characteristics is not all that is needed. There has to be a need for another staff member. There are plenty of quality people here and hopefully the quality is not just because someone wants to become staff.

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Buckler The Leg Buckler on December 01, 2012, 02:48:33 AM

Look at my post count...... Now consider this, I'm probably THE farthest from becoming a staff member..... Try it the other way around, you'll find alot of season namer's, and staff members don't have post counts that breach 1,000
(Tiria being the obvious exception).
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Lutra

Exactly...post count doesn't matter. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Buckler The Leg Buckler

"I'll live to close those evil eyes of yores fer good,Ublaz! This is war! Cut 'er loose, Rocpaw, 'tis waaaaaar!" - Pearls Of Lutra

cregga rose eyes

Is there any staff jobs beside moderator. I know that someone (I think Skipper) is the Season namer
Drifting with the wind
I usually go by LakeLake nowadays

Lutra

That is not a staff position.  Season namer is someone chosen by staff to name the current season.  We'll pick the next season namer for the spring.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra