News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Wearet

Started by Galedeep, July 09, 2011, 06:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galedeep

In the book Mattimeo, the wearet is a vicious creature that almost kills Matthias. What is this fellow? Is he the only one of his kind? So many questions, I felt he deserved his own thread.

daskar666

Weasel+ferret.
There's also a wearet in Loamhedge (altho I don't see how he could have "blood of the wearets" since hybrids are usually incapable of reproduction)

Redwall Musician

Razzid Wearat was the villain is Rogue Crew. His name (wearat) is spelled differently then wearet. But I'm guessing he is the same. Just a guess.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

daskar666

Kharanjul from Loamhedge was a wearet.
As for Razzid, I haven't read the Rogue Crew but I'm assuming he's a hybrid between a rat and a weasel.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: daskar666 on July 09, 2011, 08:12:46 PM
As for Razzid, I haven't read the Rogue Crew but I'm assuming he's a hybrid between a rat and a weasel.
Yes he is, now that I think about it.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Captain Tammo

Nobody really knows for sure what a wearat is. That's what makes them so mysterious. I think Mr. Jacques never told us on purpose so it'd keep the subject more interesting.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Osu

All of the above! I find it especially interesting that wearet and wearat seem to be two different subsets of the same monster. And always, always, weasels are involved. They must make the best villains. ;)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

sabretache5611

Anyway Wearet/Wearats are really some of the ultimate big villains.  Even though we don't know what they are, its always good to see heroes such as Matthias and Bragoon and Sarabando triumph over them.
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

Tiria Wildlough

Wearet=creepy. I am not sure how a weasel+ferret hybrid could occur, but it is still interesting.
Sure, I don't know how Kharanjul or whatever could have 'blood of the wearets'. It might be that he was just another one.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Captain Tammo

They're just pretty awesome things in general!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Redwall Musician

Quote from: sabretache5611 on July 10, 2011, 03:06:47 AM
Anyway Wearet/Wearats are really some of the ultimate big villains.  Even though we don't know what they are, its always good to see heroes such as Matthias and Bragoon and Sarabando triumph over them.

Don't forget Posybud and Jum Gurdy!

Captain Tammo

Did posh and Uggo every marry?
Sorry the mention of posy made me wonder.

Osu

I bet they do. At the very least they must remain life long friends.

Captain Tammo

I remember wishing leatho shellhound and tiria married... Anyway back on topic!

Osu

Same here. XD I always thought they did eventually.

BUT YEAH, BACK ON TOPIC. Wearets and wearats and... creepy things.