News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Wearet

Started by Galedeep, July 09, 2011, 06:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

So what IS the difference between a wearet and a wearat???  ???
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Osu

I think what we've decided is that one was thought to be a cross between a weasel and a rat, and the other was thought to be a cross between a weasel and a ferret.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Redwall Musician

Okay, I was randomly thinking about Shadow (from Redwall). If I remember right, the book said something like this about Shadow: "No one knew if he was a rat, a weasel, or both."
In the TV series they make him look like a rat. But if he were really both rat and weasel, Shadow would be a wearat. Just thought that was interesting.

EDIT: Yep, Redwall Wiki agrees with me, Shadow's Wiki page. Look at his species.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Plugg Firetail

It was said later in the book by Matthias that Shadow was a rat.Not sure if he is though.

Skalrag of Marshank

I just assume Shadow's a rat. Maybe my opinion's a little biased, because I saw the show before I read the book, but that's how I see him. :-\
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Lutra

Interspecies marriage does not necessarily mean interspecies reproduction.  Needless to say if what we're saying is true (wearet = weasel + ferret & wearat = weasel + rat) I don't really want to image how the latter two got it on to have a kid.  :o

But maybe its more common than we suspect:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/03/070314-hybrids.html
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Redwall Musician on October 04, 2011, 12:33:13 AM
Okay, I was randomly thinking about Shadow (from Redwall). If I remember right, the book said something like this about Shadow: "No one knew if he was a rat, a weasel, or both."
In the TV series they make him look like a rat. But if he were really both rat and weasel, Shadow would be a wearat. Just thought that was interesting.

EDIT: Yep, Redwall Wiki agrees with me, Shadow's Wiki page. Look at his species.
Good point, Musician! I never thought of that. But then, I haven't read Redwall in a long time. ;)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwall Musician

I kinda half read it a while ago. I remember that part was interesting at the time. Then I forgot it completely. It wasn't until I started doodling pictures of Tiria, Gurven and Shadow, did I remember it. My mind is random.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Nightfire

I though the Wearet was hideous:
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Nightfire on October 07, 2011, 02:41:17 PM
I though the Wearet was hideous:

That picture scared me when I read Mattimeo:o :o
I'm not a hipster.

Log-a-Log

I always noticed how he was drooling a ton
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Plugg Firetail

Funny,that wearet doesn't look anything like this one.

Tiria Wildlough

I'm not a hipster.

Plugg Firetail

QuoteWhere's that from?

Its from Loamhedge.

Blademaster

There probably some porcupine mutation RANDOM  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Cluny-"Shut up!" Cheesethief-"Shutting up chief."