News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Cheese!! :D

Started by Rusvul, January 17, 2013, 10:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

In a disgusted sort of way.

The Skarzs

Cheese is delicious.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

It is. But in moderation.

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

SoranMBane

I'm vegan, so I only eat fake cheese. It's more expensive than cheese made from regular gross cow milk, but it still tastes good, so it's cool. As a bonus, my cheese being made of plant stuff makes it closer to the kind of cheese they actually eat in Redwall.

The fake cheese brand I usually get even has a line of delicious cheese cakes. :D

The Skarzs

-^- Cow cheese is more historically accurate.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

SoranMBane

Cow cheese also doesn't exist in the Redwall world (except in the first book, which is an outlier and should not be counted). They make their cheese from greensap milk, which is made from plants. It's also probably way healthier and tastier than cow milk; I wish I could try it. But, alas, I must make due with my soy milks and almond milks and my fake cheeses made from tapioca or whatever.

The Skarzs

Y u gotta bash cow cheese?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

SoranMBane

Oh boy, you opened Pandora's box now...

Because cow milk is disgusting, both health-wise and taste-wise. The fact that humans continued to drink milk before the invention of pasteurization is just a testament to how garbage we are as a species, because it was basically poison before that. Even before I went vegan, I could only really stand the taste of dairy in the form of cheese and ice cream (and even in cheese form, it was a mixed bag; a lot of dairy cheeses were really tasty, but others would make me physically nauseous from just one bite), or if it was added to something like cereal or oatmeal. But now I have all the tools I need to eat tasty cheese, ice cream, and cereal without gross dairy; I'm free. ;D

Delthion

I could not live without meat. It is a large part of happiness. ;D Same with dairy.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Rosie Willowwater

Quote from: SoranMBane on March 05, 2018, 09:17:46 PM
Oh boy, you opened Pandora's box now...

Because cow milk is disgusting, both health-wise and taste-wise. The fact that humans continued to drink milk before the invention of pasteurization is just a testament to how garbage we are as a species, because it was basically poison before that. Even before I went vegan, I could only really stand the taste of dairy in the form of cheese and ice cream (and even in cheese form, it was a mixed bag; a lot of dairy cheeses were really tasty, but others would make me physically nauseous from just one bite), or if it was added to something like cereal or oatmeal. But now I have all the tools I need to eat tasty cheese, ice cream, and cereal without gross dairy; I'm free. ;D

What brands of dairy free products do you buy? I love "So Delicious" ice cream with coconut milk, and Daiya cheese is pretty good when it's melted.

Ashleg

Rosie Willowwater

SoranMBane

Daiya cheese and So Delicious ice cream are awesome. Earth Balance is also pretty good for their buttery spreads and cheesy crackers and potato chips (me and my boyfriend have made vegan buckwheat pancakes together a few times, and the Earth Balance butter tasted great on those). When it comes to milk substitutes, I tend to switch it up between different brands and plants, though I usually gravitate towards soy milk for that dose of good ol' protein.