0 (0%)
Gullwhacker
3 (5.3%)
Quarterstave
2 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Luftwaffles

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 10, 2015, 01:37:39 AM
If you're a good knife thrower, certainly!
In fact, there's a silly historical technique of unscrewing your sword pommel and throwing it at your opponent. :P

That's kind of a suicidal move :P
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

Lady Ashenwyte

In fact, there's a silly historical technique of unscrewing your sword pommel and throwing it at your opponent. :P

End him rightly!

Quote from: Izeroth on May 09, 2015, 05:30:39 PM
Quote from: The Skarzs on May 09, 2015, 04:46:15 PM
If you're being attacked, you would hardly let someone get around to your back. :P

It would be hard to maneuver while holding a heavy, long pole. If the spearman was wearing armor, that would make it even easier to attack them.

Spears are lighter than one would think. It's a light wooden pole with a slightly heavier spear head added. A normal spear would be a dew pounds, which would be easy to swing or move fast by a relatively strong adult male. Also, armour is more flexible than one would imagine.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on May 10, 2015, 02:45:24 AM

End him rightly!
Lol, yup!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Skyblade

Does that actually work? O.o

Also, is knife/axe throwing practical?

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Luftwaffles

QuoteAlso, is knife/axe throwing practical?

ONLY if you KNOW that you are going to hit your target, otherwise that would be the equivalent of saying "here, kill me".

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

The Skarzs

It would work as a distraction if it isn't a good strike, but yes, unless you're going to hit, it's not always a good idea. (As a last-resort to save your life, anything might be tried.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Luftwaffles

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 14, 2015, 08:20:37 PM
It would work as a distraction if it isn't a good strike, but yes, unless you're going to hit, it's not always a good idea. (As a last-resort to save your life, anything might be tried.)

Under which circumstance would you throw your weapon at the enemy, Skarz? Personally, I'd use that technique as a very LAST resource and once I have acknowledged that there's absolutely no other way around it.

Hickory

Quote from: The Skarzs on May 10, 2015, 03:19:33 AM
Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on May 10, 2015, 02:45:24 AM

End him rightly!
Lol, yup!
This is a quote for the history books, Skarz said lol!
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Izeroth

Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on May 14, 2015, 08:45:11 PM

Under which circumstance would you throw your weapon at the enemy, Skarz? Personally, I'd use that technique as a very LAST resource and once I have acknowledged that there's absolutely no other way around it.

I imagine that'd be a "last stand" sort of thing. You know you're going to lose, but you make a last attack in desperation.

Luftwaffles

Quote from: Izeroth on May 14, 2015, 10:05:06 PM
Quote from: TheTaleOfSierra on May 14, 2015, 08:45:11 PM

I imagine that'd be a "last stand" sort of thing. You know you're going to lose, but you make a last attack in desperation.

Yeah, I thought the same, actually.

Wylder Treejumper

It would be a good technique, supposing you had a poniard to parry with, or a knife tucked in your boot for exactly that.

Also, if a swordsman deflected the spear to one side and closed, the spearman would be unable to attack and would thus be killed. Granted, using a spear with two hands would let you pull it back quite quickly, but the technique would be very effective on one-handed spearmen.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on May 14, 2015, 08:55:26 PM
This is a quote for the history books, Skarz said lol!
:|
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.