Songbreeze and Dannflor

Started by ZaniatheBlack, February 24, 2013, 09:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AxeHound

Quote from: danflorreguba on February 26, 2013, 10:33:09 PM
It isn't a truly religious establishment. That much is plain when you've studied Christian history for the past year.  ;) And Redwall wouldn't/ doesn't have those ridiculous rules.

Why are they ridiculous?

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

Romsca

I really don't know. I don't think they're ridiculous either

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Romsca on February 24, 2013, 09:55:33 PM
I think they were too young
I agree with you. Since they were too yong, and the book dosn't portrey them in there adulthood, we can't really know from Marlfox itself. But later, in Taggerung, Songbreeze is menchoned quite a fiew times, but not onced is she said to have ever fallen in love with dannflor.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tam and Martin

I was disappointed when they didn't get married. I was expecting it.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

AxeHound

Quote from: Romsca on February 26, 2013, 10:55:46 PM
I really don't know. I don't think they're ridiculous either

All I'm gonna say: People on this site are always saying that it's against the rules to offend people. Well, when someone says something like this about Catholicism, it offends me and the other Catholics on here.

Dannflower Reguba

I'm not taking a dig at Catholiscism! I myself am a Christian! I'm talking about monestaries, Abbeys, and other such things as a whole! If I were going to look at this the same way you just took MY post, I'd be mad at you for assuming that only Catholics established these kinds of buildings!

I'm mainly referencing Celibacy rules. I think that the total RESTRICTION of it is going too far. I CAN see how the DISCOURAGEMENT of it is somewhat appropriate, as the main focus of the Monks and such like is to lead a holy life, but sometimes entering into a marital relationship can further this, sometimes it detracts.

Just because they were too young in the books doesn't mean that nothing happened later.

Just because other OLD Abbots and Abbess's didn't get married doesn't mean others won't.

And let me remind you that Brian almost NEVER wrote about a marriage, he mostly left these things up to the readers.

Am I the only one that thinks this happened? Because it seems like me vs. the world AGAIN.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: danflorreguba on February 26, 2013, 11:17:45 PM
I'm not taking a dig at Catholiscism! I myself am a Christian! I'm talking about monestaries, Abbeys, and other such things as a whole! If I were going to look at this the same way you just took MY post, I'd be mad at you for assuming that only Catholics established these kinds of buildings!

I'm mainly referencing Celibacy rules. I think that the total RESTRICTION of it is going too far. I CAN see how the DISCOURAGEMENT of it is somewhat appropriate, as the main focus of the Monks and such like is to lead a holy life, but sometimes entering into a marital relationship can further this, sometimes it detracts.

Just because they were too young in the books doesn't mean that nothing happened later.

Just because other OLD Abbots and Abbess's didn't get married doesn't mean others won't.

And let me remind you that Brian almost NEVER wrote about a marriage, he mostly left these things up to the readers.

Am I the only one that thinks this happened? Because it seems like me vs. the world AGAIN.
I just want to point out that whenever somebody post something about anything religion-related, somebody always gets offended! Now, I'm not saying that anybody posted something offending about other people's religion on purpose, but it just seems that alote of people get offended about religious statements alote on this forum. I'm a christian myself, but I don't get so offended about anything that somebody posts that might be mocking my belief'es, but, as I underlind, its just a might. Most of the time its just people's post's being misunderstood by other people of different religions. So lets just try to be more understanding and respectful of other people.

ZaniatheBlack

Good point Ungatt, I agree w/ u on that, but personally, I think there's a chance they got married.   :-*  :D
I am Zania the Black cat and I fear nobeast, and I vow that whoever made the stars that shine, whoever made green trees of pine, whoever dreamed up fish and mice, or sun and rain and snow and ice, that I MUST have the power in my paws,to help when there's a worthy cause!!!

R.I.P. Rose of Noonvale

Dannflower Reguba

I'm not the one you should be quoteing bud. Axehound was the one who flipped out over the religion thing.

And yeah, it's a REALLY touchy subject.

Quote from: ZaniatheBlack on February 26, 2013, 11:49:34 PM
Good point Ungatt, I agree w/ u on that, but personally, I think there's a chance they got married.   :-*  :D

At least someone agrees with me.  :D

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: danflorreguba on February 27, 2013, 12:03:48 AM
I'm not the one you should be quoteing bud. Axehound was the one who flipped out over the religion thing.

And yeah, it's a REALLY touchy subject.

Quote from: ZaniatheBlack on February 26, 2013, 11:49:34 PM

At least someone agrees with me.  :D
I was just quoting you because that post was the perfect example about misunderstandings of religion on this forum. I'm not saying that you were in the rong, I was just trying to show how people are misunderstood alote when they post things religion-related.

Leatho Shellhound

Well if I was standing nexted to some one who said something against may faith in real life, I would really go all out. But....I don't want to get kicked out of the forum.

On that note,

I think  they may have gotten married after song left abbess-hood.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

WarriorOfMossflower

I think that there's a chance it could have happened. It's really up to the reader to decide, since Brian didn't really elaborate on their relationship. I do support DannxSong, though. I think they would have made an awesome couple.
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

Lily

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on February 26, 2013, 11:30:42 PM
I just want to point out that whenever somebody post something about anything religion-related, somebody always gets offended! Now, I'm not saying that anybody posted something offending about other people's religion on purpose, but it just seems that alote of people get offended about religious statements alote on this forum. I'm a christian myself, but I don't get so offended about anything that somebody posts that might be mocking my belief'es, but, as I underlind, its just a might. Most of the time its just people's post's being misunderstood by other people of different religions. So lets just try to be more understanding and respectful of other people.

Well said. This is precisely why we have this rule in the first place, and why we enforce it so strictly. Now, let's get back on topic. :)

One of my favourite authors is always saying, "Books belong to their readers," so I think that it's up to each person to decide what they would like to happen.

Dannflower Reguba

I could've SWORN I said that not too long ago! Might've been in a different topic though, they all look the same.  :D

*after checking*

I said something similar.   ;)

AxeHound

First off, I'm sorry I got annoyed. I tend to be sensitive about religion.

Second off, I agree. Abbots and Abbesses in Redwall may be able to get married. It obviously isn't a religious community.