News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Did Grubbage become a good beast?

Started by Leatho Shellhound, March 24, 2013, 04:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatho Shellhound

I just finished reading Triss, and it says in the book by Malbun Grimp, Healer and Recorder of Redwall Abbey.
Quote"I do not normally take to vermin. but the sole captive whom Redwallers took is a jolly fellow, and not at all unlikeable. His name is Grubbage . He is an excellent navigator, and will be going along on the voyage."

Any thoughts?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Tam and Martin

T=Maybe, he may have been forced to but she said she liked him.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

WoodenSpoon

He could have been a prisoner, but it sounds like he was quite affable and accepting about it.

Romsca

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

KitrallStreamrippler

Personally, I don't think Grubbage was all that bad to begin with- he was mostly there for comic relief IMO. But yes, I do believe he became a goodbeast.
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

GeminyaTome

It sounds like he did. I loved him, and the fact that that no matter what he heard, he always did what he was told.... He could always make me laugh!!
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

Ungatt Trunn

Grubbage is one of my favourite characters in Triss! And yes, I do think he became a goodbeast. Even when he was still with the corsairs, he wasn't really evil.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Kitsune

Grubbage was just kind of dull. I don't think he was bad to begin with, personally.

Shadowed One

He wasn't ever really bad, I mean he just sort happened to be a vermin. If he was a good creature, he would have been just the same.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc