News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Did Prince Bladd deserve what he got?

Started by Jetthebinturong, March 26, 2013, 08:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Did Bladd Deserve what he got?

Yes
No
Sort of

WoodenSpoon

I can barely remember Tugga Bruster. Wasn't he basically a bad guy?

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: WoodenSpoon on March 31, 2013, 09:56:36 PM
I can barely remember Tugga Bruster. Wasn't he basically a bad guy?
No, I think he was a Log-a-Log in Loamhedge.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Romsca

Ungatt Trunn

Leatho Shellhound

He was the log a log in the book Doomwyte, isn't that off topic?
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on April 01, 2013, 01:42:43 AM
He was the log a log in the book Doomwyte, isn't that off topic?
I was just wondering...

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: WoodenSpoon on March 31, 2013, 08:23:39 PM
The thing is, even if he wasn't a goodie, he really seemed too dimwitted to have a real conscience about what he was doing. I feel sorry for him. He was a bad guy, sure, but he never did anything to merit a death sentence. Of course, I much rather see vermin reformed, or at least rendered harmless, then dead. I have a pretty forgiving nature. (The  thing that bugs me about the Redwall books is how okay the good beasts are with the wholesale slaughter of their enemies after they are defeated. The Long Patrol are the worst offenders I believe.)

The Rogue crew otters are way worse, but they have there reasons....and the vermin kill a lot as well.

click the banner

Romsca

But the Rogue Crew otters didn't complain about Redwall Abbey food or threaten the abbot, did they?

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Romsca on April 01, 2013, 04:05:35 AM
But the Rogue Crew otters didn't complain about Redwall Abbey food or threaten the abbot, did they?
No, they didn't. On the contrary, they were actully quite nice to the Redwall creatures.

Leatho Shellhound

No they were good, but the killed every vermin they set eyes on.

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on April 01, 2013, 03:08:00 PM
Don't vermin do the same?

WoodenSpoon

Yeah, vermin kill a lot. But they are baddies. We expect them to behave badly. From goodbeasts, I like to see a higher standard of morality and restraint. When they fail to measure up to that standard, they are just another pawstep closer to being vermin themselves.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: WoodenSpoon on April 01, 2013, 11:24:27 PM
Yeah, vermin kill a lot. But they are baddies. We expect them to behave badly. From goodbeasts, I like to see a higher standard of morality and restraint. When they fail to measure up to that standard, they are just another pawstep closer to being vermin themselves.
But sometimes, like in the case of Felldoh, he had a life under the evil whim of vermin, making it reasonable for him to have such a deadly desier againsed vermin. Can't that be the case for The Rogue Crew too?

WoodenSpoon

While I can understand that they may have a bitter enmity towards the vermin, it does not justify them giving in to the urge to slaughter them. They could fight it, and be better then their foes. Like I said, the way revenge is presented as reasonable is the one thing that really bugs me about the books.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on April 01, 2013, 04:08:06 PM
Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on April 01, 2013, 03:08:00 PM
Don't vermin do the same?

Thats my point! Oh forget it.

click the banner