News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Did Prince Bladd deserve what he got?

Started by Jetthebinturong, March 26, 2013, 08:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Did Bladd Deserve what he got?

Yes
No
Sort of

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on April 02, 2013, 03:30:57 AM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on April 01, 2013, 04:08:06 PM
Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on April 01, 2013, 03:08:00 PM
No they were good, but the killed every vermin they set eyes on.
Don't vermin do the same?

Thats my point! Oh forget it.
Now I understand what to say. But if there's one thing to say about The Rogue Crew's killings, there's one saying that I quote:
     Wisdom isn't knowing when to take a life, but when not to take one.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Romsca

That's a neat quote. Where's it from again? Lord of the Rings?

Jetthebinturong

The Hobbit and it's wrong, it's when to spare one and not when to not take one also it's not wisdom, it's courage so the proper quote is "True courage is not knowing when to take a life but when to spare one"
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Ungatt Trunn

The awnser is simple: He wasn't really evil in mind, but he was on the bad side, and he was sure to have bullied the slaves at Riftguard, so the awnser would be "Sort of".

Life is too short to rush through it.

Romsca

I still don't think he should have gotten as painful a death as he did

The Shade

They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Romsca on May 19, 2013, 06:11:40 PM
I still don't think he should have gotten as painful a death as he did

Same here, I mean they (Redwallers) most likely would have spared his life had they known him.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Lutra

I doubt Redwallers would have taken in Prince Bladd given the chance.  They didn't exactly have the best times with creatures like Chickenhound, Vitch, or Veil in their midst.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Lutra on June 24, 2013, 01:01:29 AM
I doubt Redwallers would have taken in Prince Bladd given the chance.  They didn't exactly have the best times with creatures like Chickenhound, Vitch, or Veil in their midst.

No, but that doesn't mean that they would kill him.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Lutra

Certain creatures within Redwall wouldn't think twice about killing some of these vermin.  The otters and badgers aren't so keen on letting vermin live. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Shadowed One

I think he deserved it, but if he hadn't been trying to burn the gates, he would have probably been spared.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

clunylooney

He was born into being above slaves, but he still did treat slaves badly (and had slaves). He also was trying to burn down redwall's gates.

As for goodbeasts killing vermin, I feel like saying that when goodbeats kill vermin, they are one step closer to vermin themselves isn't accurate. The whole point of vermin is that they are evil. So when a goodbeast kills a vermin it doesn't make them nearly as bad as vermin, in fact, it makes them good that they killed a vermin.

I can see why people with forgiving natures could see it as being bad, but this is a different world, they don't abide by the same rules as us. So while I understand where you are coming from, it doesn't make the goodbeasts any worse in this world.

The only time this annoys me is when they have a vermin prisoner and they tell them they can go, and then kill them. Like with Ribrow in Taggerung and that rat from Salamandastron. If you are going to kill a vermin who is prisoner, do it like in The Sable Quean with Gripchun.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me