News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Buck Kordyne

Started by GeminyaTome, April 02, 2013, 01:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminyaTome

Most Redwalls end with the hero killing the villain. "The Sable Quean" is the only exception (I believe...). Buck doesn't end up slaying any of the villains. Vilaya falls on her own dagger, and Zwilt is killed by Clarinna. Yet, Buck holds a high place in my mind; he was willing to sacrifice his own life to save the Abbey, and mainly a Dibbun, even though he knew it probably wouldn't work. Thinking about this made me realize that Brian wasn't simply writing a good story with some good morals. He wrote twenty-two masterpieces, each displaying wonderful qualities of friendship, chivalry, honour, etc.

Now that I've had my opportunity to ramble on, what are your thoughts?
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

Ungatt Trunn

Buck Kordyne was sertinly a great Redwall hero...

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

KitrallStreamrippler

Buck is one of my favorite hares!
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Romsca

I liked him because he was one of the few hares that seemed to actually have a brain! Most of them are just like "I say, there, chap, want to bally well get some scoff and jolly well kill some vermin, eh, wot?" and they just think about food and killing. Buck Kordyne was refreshing compared to the others

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Romsca on April 04, 2013, 02:12:36 AM
I liked him because he was one of the few hares that seemed to actually have a brain! Most of them are just like "I say, there, chap, want to bally well get some scoff and jolly well kill some vermin, eh, wot?" and they just think about food and killing. Buck Kordyne was refreshing compared to the others
Same here. A nice break from the normal Hare.

Kitsune

Shadowed One

Yes, and have you noticed that he almost never talks like a hare? I mean, hares usually use the words wot, bally, bloomin', chap, and flippin' in every sentence.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Shadowed One on April 12, 2013, 03:33:37 PM
Yes, and have you noticed that he almost never talks like a hare? I mean, hares usually use the words wot, bally, bloomin', chap, and flippin' in every sentence.
Yep, another big differents between him and the normal Hare. I wish that bmore Hares were like him in the Redwall series :-\

Rusvul

Quote from: Romsca on April 04, 2013, 02:12:36 AM
I disagree, but that really cracked me up.

Vilu Daskar

He is one of my favorite hares.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

CrazyPug37

He was definetly one of my favorite hares, and was full of courage and bravery throughout most of the book.

He was kind of a braggart at the beginning, though.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United