News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

whos the best of these five

Started by rakkety tam, July 18, 2011, 06:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakkety tam

rakkety tam
doogy plumm
basil stagg hare
mariel of redwall
saro

rakkety tams mine wats yours
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

ilovemariel

Old stories told by travellers, Great songs that bards have sung, Of Mossflower summers, faded, gone, When Redwall's stones were young. Great Hall fires on winter nights,
The legends, who remembers,Battles, banquets, comrades, quests,Recalled midst glowing embers.Draw close now, little woodlander

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Cannae decide between two of them.

Either Rakkety Tam or Doogy Plumm.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

daskar666

Tam was IMO one of the best protagonists (he seemed like one of the most experienced and mature).

Redwall Musician

There is only one hare, so I pick Basil.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Log-a-Log

I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

martins#1fan

Doogy Plum, he's gotta be the best!
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Tiria Wildlough

Out of those five...we...ell...
Rakkety Tam
I had a dream about Rakkety Tam the other night.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Gonff

I'll say Basil Stag Hare just because I haven't read Rakkety Tam in a while so I don't remember how good he is!.  ;D
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

James Gryphon

He's pretty good; of all of the squirrels that so-called kingdom managed to muster up, he was said to be the best one, by a fair amount. Him and Doogy get in the Long Patrol, and are just as good as any of the hares there... and he holds his own against Gulo, a much larger and far more powerful wolverine, and actually succeeds in defeating him.

For a sense of scale, that's like Martin taking down Tsarmina, or if Ferahgo had killed Urthstripe in their "Duel of Chieftains".

It's hard to say where Basil ranks because we never see him fight; by achievements alone, Tam definitely ranks up there, although you have to like Mariel's raw talent -- with no training, poor nutrition, and small size, she nevertheless almost managed to defeat a top-notch corsair in a fight. Call it beginner's luck, but that still isn't half-bad.
« Subject to editing »

Osu

Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Nightfire

Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Storm

Mariel, of course. She killed two sea rats without any weapons, almost killed the greatest sea rat sword fighter, and took on enormous seabirds with a length of knotted rope. Rakkety Tam was pretty cool, but always needed a blade.
Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears.
I have come to bury Caesar, not praise him.
"Julius Caesar" by William Shakespeare

Corbus

Basil Stag Hare of course. You can't beat the first hare in Redwall
May The Wind Be At Your Back, Matey!