Polleekin-Why exacly didn't she tell Martin about Rose's death?

Started by Ungatt Trunn, May 17, 2013, 10:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Duxwing link=topic=4059.msg188966#msg188966quote]

On the other hand, what if Polleekin knows that she is not a seer but a crazy beast who has hallucinations.

-Duxwing
She really didn't seem to be that type.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Duxwing

Maudie

I still say that Polleekin didn't know exactly what was going to happen, so she couldn't tell Martin even if she wanted to.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Duxwing on May 25, 2013, 12:32:06 AM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 24, 2013, 11:22:12 PM
She really didn't seem to be that type.

Why not?

-Duxwing
For one thing, they would have to be pretty elaborate hillusionations. The secand, well, she just didn't really seem to be craized at all.

Duxwing

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 25, 2013, 12:47:12 AM
For one thing, they would have to be pretty elaborate hillusionations.

Hallucinations can be quite elaborate.

The secand, well, she just didn't really seem to be craized at all.

She needn't be outwardly crazy; in fact, the inwardly crazy tend to have wilder thoughts.

-Duxwing

P.S. "Hillusionations"!?  By the fur, is that the horrible illusion of someone having eaten your "secand" satchel of rations?  Dreadful, simply dreadful! ;D  But I thought that all the hullabaloo was about those bloody hallucinations.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Duxwing

Lutra

Never gathered that Polleekin would have hallucinations from the text or description of her.  Usually Mr. Jacques is pretty black and white with his characters and descriptions.  If she was cuckoo, you'd know (e.g. Madd the squirrel).
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Duxwing

Quote from: Lutra on May 25, 2013, 01:48:06 AM
Never gathered that Polleekin would have hallucinations from the text or description of her.  Usually Mr. Jacques is pretty black and white with his characters and descriptions.  If she was cuckoo, you'd know (e.g. Madd the squirrel).

:-[ I've never had the chance to meet Madd, but I'm sure that she was as crazy as a hare after shrimp and hotroot soup.

-Duxwing

Romsca

Hares eat anything; a hare after shrimp and hotroot soup doesn't sound crazy to me

Duxwing

Quote from: Romsca on May 25, 2013, 04:12:56 AM
Hares eat anything; a hare after shrimp and hotroot soup doesn't sound crazy to me

My point was that the hare would be 'crazy' motivated to eat it, not that being thus motivated would be crazy.

-Duxwing

Ungatt Trunn

No matter from any angle you look at it, I don't think it will ever make sense completely why Polleekin didn't tell about Rose's death...

Shadowed One

If she did, they might not have gone, and Martin wouldn't have gotten his sword, and Redwall wouldn't be built, etc. So Rose kind of HAD to die.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

GeminyaTome

Quote from: Lutra on May 25, 2013, 01:48:06 AM

You could add to that Mad Maudie, from Lord Brocktree
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4