Having Trouble!

Started by Ungatt Trunn, May 18, 2013, 07:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Whenever I try to post something, it takes me to this error message:
"Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator."

So, when I re-submitted a post, it takes me to this screen:
"You already submitted this post! You might have accidently double clicked, or tried to refresh. "
Does anybody know what's going on ???

Life is too short to rush through it.

Tam and Martin

I have the thing with the "YOu already submitted this post" but never the other one. Our computer is pretty fast but sometimes it stalls so I click it again. Then it will say the same thing so I just go back to the menu and it's already there.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Osu

Hmm. After you receive the "you have already submitted this post" message, if you go into your posting history or refresh the thread you're posting in, is the post actually there?

Would you be able to take a screenshot the next time it happens?
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Osu on May 19, 2013, 01:32:54 AM
Would you be able to take a screenshot the next time it happens?
How do you take a screenshot on a Windows 7? I know how to do a screenshot on a Nook, but not on a Windows computer. But if you tell me how, then I'll take one next time it happens.
BTW, it hasn't happened reasently, but its bound to pop up again. This hasn't been the first time...

Osu

From what I can see, it varies from computer to computer. If you don't have a "print screen" button on your keyboard, try ctrl + alt + p (hold down all three buttons at once.)

Are you, by chance, double-clicking the "Post" button when you submit your messages?
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Osu on May 21, 2013, 02:54:19 AM
From what I can see, it varies from computer to computer. If you don't have a "print screen" button on your keyboard, try ctrl + alt + p (hold down all three buttons at once.)

Are you, by chance, double-clicking the "Post" button when you submit your messages?
Thanks for the info on taking a screenshot.
And no, I'm pretty sure that I'm not double-clicking the "post" button. The error messege hasn't poped up as of late, but I'll be sure to report it if they pop up again.

Lutra

I've never seen an error message like that. 

Do you log in and tell the board to stay logged in permanently?  You do have the option of staying logged in forever or only for a certain amount of time.  I suppose that could happen if you started typing a message and the system logged you out automatically before you posted the message. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Lutra on May 25, 2013, 02:01:52 AM
I've never seen an error message like that. 

Do you log in and tell the board to stay logged in permanently?  You do have the option of staying logged in forever or only for a certain amount of time.  I suppose that could happen if you started typing a message and the system logged you out automatically before you posted the message. ;)
Yes, I've told my account to keep me logged on perminantly.

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 18, 2013, 07:48:34 AM
Whenever I try to post something, it takes me to this error message:
"Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator."

So, when I re-submitted a post, it takes me to this screen:
"You already submitted this post! You might have accidently double clicked, or tried to refresh. "
Does anybody know what's going on ???

I had that happening last week as well. It fixed itself the next day, so I assumed it was just a server issue (e.g. perhaps trying to post while a backup was being run).

Quote from: Lutra on May 25, 2013, 02:01:52 AM

In that case you get a different message which says something about your session being timed out and to try again.

I've got my login set to automatic as well, but being on a dial-up connection I sometimes get busy on a different web browser tab or application (or even have to log off while typing the post), so I do get that message ocassionally.

Some broadband connections are also not permanent. They do log off when not used and then log on again when needed (and are given a different IP address by your internet provider's server), which could also cause the timed out message if you're taking a while to type up a post.

Kitsune

(Maybe Buzz Bumble should work for the Redwall website!)

That happened to me once.

Ungatt Trunn

When I try to take a screen shot of the page, it just takes me to an error message!

rachel25

that happens to me too sometimes it drives me up the wall when it happens

Dannflower Reguba

If you have that problem, click the back button and copy your post for safekeeping. Try clicking post again from there, or like Osu said, check your post history to see if it actually did work. (happens sometimes)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Aye, me taae. An' it doeznae juzt vork viz ziz zite, lotz o' zitez zat are like ziz vone it can be uzed for.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.