News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Should there be guns in Redwall

Started by rachel25, July 16, 2013, 04:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusvul

Anything more advanced than a flintlock would totally ruin Redwall. Flintlock rifles and pistols, and maybe blunderbusses. Not modern guns.

Redwaller

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Rusvul

Quote from: Vilu Daskar on July 17, 2013, 11:02:21 PM
NO
Err... Elaborate? Absolutely no offense intended, plz don't take it like that, but saying "NO" is kind of unhelpful on its own. With an opinion to back it, it's a great addition to a conversation :)

phoenixfoden

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 17, 2013, 08:30:02 PM
Anything more advanced than a flintlock would totally ruin Redwall. Flintlock rifles and pistols, and maybe blunderbusses. Not modern guns.
this is exatly what i was saying ;)

Rusvul

I know. I felt a need to elaborate. Dang, isn't 'elaborate' such a great word? And so are the apostrophes that I use as single quotes. 'elaborate!' 'elaborate!'

rachel25

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 18, 2013, 03:38:27 AM
I know. I felt a need to elaborate. Dang, isn't 'elaborate' such a great word? And so are the apostrophes that I use as single quotes. 'elaborate!' 'elaborate!'
yes Elaborate is a great word  ;D

Romsca

@rusvulthesaber: You want to Vilu Daskar to elaborate... yet, you used plz instead of please ::)

Sailears

My ears, how are you, wot!

CrazyPug37

Guns would add an interesting twist to Redwall, but would start to make it more human-like and very industrial, which ruins the medieval-ish theme that all of the books have.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Rusvul

Quote from: Romsca on July 18, 2013, 10:14:42 PM
@rusvulthesaber: You want to Vilu Daskar to elaborate... yet, you used plz instead of please ::)
Err.... Uh.... Ehhh.... Umm... But elaborate is a cool word..? *Sheepish face*
What's wrong with internet spellings?

rachel25

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on July 19, 2013, 12:52:59 AM
Quote from: Romsca on July 18, 2013, 10:14:42 PM
Err.... Uh.... Ehhh.... Umm... But elaborate is a cool word..? *Sheepish face*
What's wrong with internet spellings?
nothing its when people go text speak on me that's when I get confused  :D

Rusvul

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

phoenixfoden

Quote from: Tam and Martin on July 16, 2013, 10:38:59 PM
NO GUN IN REDWALL! Although it would be neat to have a canon because those aren't like the AR's
yes but a canon could break open the redwall gates in minutes ;)