News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Do you believe in aliens #}%}<

Started by rachel25, July 22, 2013, 02:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do YOU believe in aliens ????? :P

Yes
2 (11.1%)
No
5 (27.8%)
Maybe
2 (11.1%)
Not sure
0 (0%)
Not at the moment
2 (11.1%)
OF Course
2 (11.1%)
Never!!!!
4 (22.2%)
I'm going to say yes
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Maudie

Yeah, Won, I definitely don't agree with your views but it was a little thoughtless of them to say that, but I'm sure they didn't even think that anyone on this site believes in that sort of thing. I think it's a bit like how many Americans aren't aware of places outside of America. Most Christians have very little interaction with people who believe in evolution, therefore they don't think they will hurt anyone's feelings by speaking against it. I don't share your views, but I have no wish to hurt anyone's feelings. I don't see how I could have in this post but if I did I am sincerely sorry.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

phoenixfoden

Im cristian but i believe in aliens and evoloutin but I think it would be best if we leave religion and athiesim out of this topic  :)

Buzz_Bumble

Quote from: BadgerLordFiredrake on July 25, 2013, 02:13:42 AM
However, I don't think there is much intelligent life.

The biggest proof that life on other planets is indeed intelligent is that they don't bother coming here to Earth.  ;)

Rusvul

Quote from: W0NWILL on July 25, 2013, 04:59:47 AM
Quote from: rachel25 on July 24, 2013, 04:27:12 PM
Quote from: Redwaller on July 24, 2013, 02:06:00 AM
The whole "Alien" thing is stupid. There is no other life form off of this planet, and there are no humans further than the Orbit. Evolution is stupid, and all this talk of monster. Not wanting to start an argument, this is my opinion.

Evolution is stupid and totally imposable and so is everything else that you said don't want to offend anyone though  ;D

Would it offend you if I told you I once said that Christianity was stupid when I was nine? Yeah, that offended feeling is similar to how I felt when you insulted my views/indirectly insulted me and everyone else who shares those views. That goes for Redwaller too. I've learned more about respect since that happened. Firstly, you shouldn't call people with a different view than yours stupid, or even suggest it. Secondly, it's perfectly fine to have those opinions, but you can keep them to yourself. Time to leave this topic before everyone becomes all heated because someone on the internet thinks differently than them.
Agreed. Saying this is probably a bad idea, but I'm going to do it as politely as possible, as I don't intend to be agressive or rude. Evolution is not totally impossible. There is evidence, and even proof, of its truth. However, you don't have to agree with me. I'm stating my views as politely as I can, it'd be good if you did the same.  Also, you could be right. I am by no means saying "I'm right, and you're wrong."
Rather, either of us could be, or maybe both in a strange way. Please keep an open mind.

Redwaller

Quote from: W0NWILL on July 25, 2013, 04:59:47 AM
Quote from: rachel25 on July 24, 2013, 04:27:12 PM
Quote from: Redwaller on July 24, 2013, 02:06:00 AM
The whole "Alien" thing is stupid. There is no other life form off of this planet, and there are no humans further than the Orbit. Evolution is stupid, and all this talk of monster. Not wanting to start an argument, this is my opinion.

Evolution is stupid and totally imposable and so is everything else that you said don't want to offend anyone though  ;D

Would it offend you if I told you I once said that Christianity was stupid when I was nine? Yeah, that offended feeling is similar to how I felt when you insulted my views/indirectly insulted me and everyone else who shares those views. That goes for Redwaller too. I've learned more about respect since that happened. Firstly, you shouldn't call people with a different view than yours stupid, or even suggest it. Secondly, it's perfectly fine to have those opinions, but you can keep them to yourself. Time to leave this topic before everyone becomes all heated because someone on the internet thinks differently than them.
I'm sorry if you have been offended. I did not mean that those who believe it are stupid, I said that I think it stupid, but I still respect those who do believe in it, I meant to state my opinion, and others to state theirs, without going against each other. I share my opinion with those who think the same as me, without directing it at others.

Quote from: Mask on July 25, 2013, 05:38:45 AM
Yeah, Won, I definitely don't agree with your views but it was a little thoughtless of them to say that, but I'm sure they didn't even think that anyone on this site believes in that sort of thing. I think it's a bit like how many Americans aren't aware of places outside of America. Most Christians have very little interaction with people who believe in evolution, therefore they don't think they will hurt anyone's feelings by speaking against it. I don't share your views, but I have no wish to hurt anyone's feelings. I don't see how I could have in this post but if I did I am sincerely sorry.
Sorry, but you got it all wrong.

1. I did not mean to insult others, but to state my opinion on it, without further discussion.

2. I knew that Won was an Atheist.

3. I have extreme contact with atheists, my family(except my parents and siblings) are almost all atheists.

4. I did not speak against others opinions, but stated mine.

EDIT: Also, when I made the "End of the World" topic, to discuss about the end, I for one believe in it, but then others started crudely to state their opinions, saying that it was stupid, etc.

RE-EDIT: Here's a quote from Matthias720:

QuoteAlright everybody, let's calm down. If you feel the need to express your opinions, simply state them and move on. Opinions are like bellybuttons, everyone has one. Each person is entitled to their own viewpoint, regardless of whether you believe it to be true or not. Keep this in mind as you post.

See, I stated my opinion, you state yours, and it ends there.

rachel25

WOW that's a longgggggggggggggggggggg post  :o

Ungatt Trunn

Look, guys, there's no need for a battle over views like this again! Nearly every single time that a topic like this (A topic about things that can be viewed by people that have completely different views than you) pops up, a "fight" breaks out! And sometimes, there over the littlest things. Now, I'm not saying that this is a bad topic. On the contrary, I think that topics that come with debates are good. But not when the debates get hot with anger. So, as I have said before, lets try to respect other people and there opinions.

BTW, I don't believe in aliens.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Maudie

I don't believe in aliens either. I mean, there are probably life forms on other planets, but I think of them as more like bacteria than creepy green creatures that want to take over earth. ::)
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

MeadowR

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on July 25, 2013, 07:51:02 AM
Quote from: BadgerLordFiredrake on July 25, 2013, 02:13:42 AM
However, I don't think there is much intelligent life.

The biggest proof that life on other planets is indeed intelligent is that they don't bother coming here to Earth.  ;)

You're right there! :P
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

W0NWILL

Quote from: Mask on July 25, 2013, 05:56:42 PM
I don't believe in aliens either. I mean, there are probably life forms on other planets, but I think of them as more like bacteria than creepy green creatures that want to take over earth. ::)

Bacteria from under planets come under the heading of aliens too. The definition for alien that applies to this topic is: Life which does not originate from Earth. But yeah, I agree. No creepy green things. No They'll probably be pink. :P

Buzz_Bumble

There is of course one theory that life on Earth started from bacteria brought here by a comet / asteroid or possibly from Mars in the debris after an asteroid impact ... if that's true, then we're all aliens.  :)

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Juzt tae clear zummat up, Atheizm iz ze believe in nay godz. 'ovever, a lot o' "Atheizt" vievpointz zeem tae be more againzt ze Chriztian god an' religion razer zen av o' zem.

An' agreed zat ve zhould rezpect vone anozer'z vievpointz. It iz ok for zomevone tae 'ave a different vievpoint. It iz ok tae ztate yer vievpoint. It iz ok for zomevone elze tae ztate zeir vievpoint. It iz nae ok tae inzult zomevone elze'z vievz. It iz nae ok for zomevone tae inzult yer vievpoint. If zomevone zayz zat ze zky iz purple, it iz ok tae ztate zat ye zink it iz blue, but it iz nae ok tae cav zem ztupid or dumb or zummat becauze o' zere vievpoint. An' juzt becauze zey did it tae ye doeznae give ye ze right tae dae zae. Tvo vrongz dinnae make a right, an' ze grazz iz alvayz greener vhen ye remember tae vater it.

In ozer vordz, rezpect vone anozer'z vievpointz!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

MeadowR

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on July 25, 2013, 10:34:03 PM
There is of course one theory that life on Earth started from bacteria brought here by a comet / asteroid or possibly from Mars in the debris after an asteroid impact ... if that's true, then we're all aliens.  :)

That's a very interesting theory! Don't think I'd considered that before.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

BadgerLordFiredrake

That could be still defined as alien life.
baby turtle forever

Maudie

Quote from: BadgerLordFiredrake on July 26, 2013, 01:34:42 PM
That could be still defined as alien life.

Yeah, I guess.