The Solitary Beaver

Started by Lutra, July 22, 2011, 02:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

It kind of makes you pay more attention to the beaver though. Not giving it a name or anything
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Log-a-Log on July 28, 2011, 04:00:05 PM
Did the beaver ever say anything? I haven't read Redwall in a while.

He did zpeak.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Nightfire

Remind me again why there's a whole topic on one silly little beaver?
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Osu

Because he's just so interesting! XD
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Martha Braebuck

I thought the beaver was pretty cool, but I think it was kind of copying badgers, so I'm glad there weren't too too many!
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

Osu

Okay, now I want to see a battle between a beaver and a badger. You guys, stop giving me all these crazy ideas, they keep me up at night! :D

Log-a-Log

I think the badger would destroy the beaver
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Lutra

^ Beaver might have the upper hand because you have no clue what it is he's going to do.  ;D He probably can chop down is own tree and make his own spear.

QuoteRemind me again why there's a whole topic on one silly little beaver?

He's the only one you'd ever see in the whole series, so that makes him unique.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Osu

Quote from: Lutra on August 01, 2011, 03:37:01 AM
^ Beaver might have the upper hand because you have no clue what it is he's going to do.  ;D He probably can chop down is own tree and make his own spear.
Brute strength vs. RANDOM. 8D I approve of this. I'm sure the beaver could just bite the badger, too - those teeth, y'see - or slap 'em silly with that tail. Then again, a badger like Cregga wouldn't lose so easily....

Redwall Musician

The beaver was awesome. He should have had a name. Was he in Mattimeo?
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Skalrag of Marshank

The beaver did not appear in any books except for Redwall.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Something I just read is that beavers became extinct in Great Britain during the sixteenth century, which is about the time Redwall would have happened.
Interesting bit of information.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

White One6193

Aye. ;D :D I'm from America. It always warmed my heart to see a creature familiar to me. Did you know that Jefferson wanted the beaver to be our national symbol? It was because beavers were so industrious. On the topic of who would win in a fight, I can hands-down say that the beaver would beat the snot out of any badger, even Cregga. I've seen a beaver and a badger get in a fight, and let me tell you, the beaver sent the badger packing. That tail is DANGEROUS 8D
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

Osu

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on August 16, 2011, 05:24:22 PM
Something I just read is that beavers became extinct in Great Britain during the sixteenth century, which is about the time Redwall would have happened.
Interesting bit of information.
Hmm.... that is interesting. Perhaps Mossflower beavers are extinct - or waitwait, here's an idea! The lone beaver is in fact the last beaver in Mossflower. This would make a wonderful story. I'd read it. <3

Tiria Wildlough

Would the beaver even beat Lonna Bowstripe? :)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.