Luke.

Started by martins#1fan, July 22, 2011, 07:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martins#1fan

I know there's a book about him but, I've a feeling there's a WHOLE LOT more about him than we know.
Any thoughts?
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Matthias720

This is best suited for the Characters Discussion board. *moves thread*

;)

Captain Tammo

Definition of Luke: BEST WARRIOR EVER!!!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

rakkety tam

luke was awsome and i'm not just saying that cause luke is my middle name he realy was
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Dotti

Luke was awesome.  Someone should write a story about him leading his tribe to the northlands.  There's nothing recorded about their journey there in the book.
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Osu

All my best quotes are by Luke. ;) He's great. I found it particularly interesting that he was born at St. Ninians and moved north, only for his son to help found Redwall. It seems Luke's family's spirit will always remain at that area of Mossflower.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Dotti

So, since Luke's family came from that area....do you think Luke or Martin Sr. might have also known Bella?  Since Brockhall was ancient when Bella lived there, and SHE was ancient when Martin the warrior knew her, it seems like Luke's family probably knew Bella, or perhaps Boar.  Any thoughts on that?
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Captain Tammo

Quote from: rakkety tams 1 fan on July 24, 2011, 12:20:45 AM
luke was awsome and i'm not just saying that cause luke is my middle name he realy was

Luke's my first name  ;)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Osu

Quote from: Dotti on July 25, 2011, 04:23:18 AM
So, since Luke's family came from that area....do you think Luke or Martin Sr. might have also known Bella?  Since Brockhall was ancient when Bella lived there, and SHE was ancient when Martin the warrior knew her, it seems like Luke's family probably knew Bella, or perhaps Boar.  Any thoughts on that?
THAT IS THE BEST IDEA EVER. :o This would make an awesome story! Since it was Verdauga that drove them out -- and there was a battle that all the woodlanders participated in, I believe, that they lost - yes, I'm sure one way or another Bella and Martin Sr. must have met at the very least. But since she didn't appear to recognize Martin, they couldn't have known each other well. Fascinating...!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

martins#1fan

Martin Sr?? There is only one Martin.
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

James Gryphon

QuoteMartin Sr?? There is only one Martin.
Actually, no, there isn't just one.

According to Legend of Luke (which I just reread), Luke was descended from an unnamed mouse, who was descended in turn from the legendary Martin the Elder, the first mouse to wield the even more legendary sword.

Thus, the family tree looks like this:
1. Martin the Elder Warrior
2. Unknown
3. Luke the Warrior
4. Martin the Warrior

Martin was named after his great-grandfather.
« Subject to editing »

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: James Gryphon on July 27, 2011, 03:48:54 PM
Thus, the family tree looks like this:
1. Martin the Elder Warrior
2. Unknown
3. Luke the Warrior
4. Martin the Warrior

Martin was named after his great-grandfather.

That's debateable. The Redwall Wiki just lists Martin the Elder as Luke's father and as Martin's grandfather. The books state both at various times. LordTBT choose the lineage you outlined as the one with more support.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Tiria Wildlough

Personally, I didn't think Luke was that great. He was just another warrior.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Gonff

I agree, he was good, but he was just another warrior. There are plenty of warriors throughout the Redwall books. I don't even think there was really anything very special about Martin. I'm not saying they weren't skilled or I don't like the books about them, I just don't like elevating them way up above all the other good warriors in the other Redwall books.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Captain Tammo

The thing I like about characters like Luke or Tammo, is that they're the main characters of their story and they don't wield martins sword throughout the main struggle. Also, they get captured. That doesn't always happen to the main character. And they actually loses some fights, that's what makes it more realistic, especially when Luke dies. A character like Martin or matthias wouldve somehow survived that.