News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Kurda's Fighting Skills

Started by James Gryphon, July 25, 2011, 04:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

Bladd was a coward and a bully, but there was something about him that was kind likeable. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Dotti

Bladd is kind of likeable because he's so helpless.  ("Help!  Save me!  I cannot svim!")  He was bad, but not quite as evil as some of the villains.
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Log-a-Log

I really liked his accent too
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Skalrag of Marshank

Me too. The ferrets had kind of a weird vampiry accent. ;D
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Osu

Vampires in Redwall! XD Stop giving me these ideas, you guys!

I liked Bladd's overall silliness and the way he want out in a blaze of glory - well, for a beast of his nature, anyway. It was cute the way the corsairs actually seemed to like him when it was all said and done. ;D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Skalrag of Marshank

Quote from: Osu on August 02, 2011, 08:46:37 PM
Vampires in Redwall! XD Stop giving me these ideas, you guys!

Heehee. You're welcome! ;D
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

I HATE KURDA!!! Huh, swordbeast? I'll show her swordbeast! (resurrects her from the dead and proceeds to kill her again  with a sword.) "White streak o' slime! Wimpy, cowardly little scumfish! Liddle miss pinky eyes!"
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

Kurda has quite the list of titles, doesn't she? ;D
  ~ Larry Boy

Taggerung The Otter

she really got on mah nerves. Nightfire...save a peice for me
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D

Plugg Firetail

Plugg is so much better than her. She lost her weapon in the first moment.

Log-a-Log

Yea, I didn't like Kurda, but Plugg was one of my favorite bad guys.
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Nightfire

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on August 01, 2011, 02:36:01 AM
Me too. The ferrets had kind of a weird vampiry accent. ;D

Actually, it's supposed to be a German accent, I think.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Tiria Wildlough

It's weird.
Quote from: Log-a-Log on November 17, 2011, 09:40:38 PM
Yea, I didn't like Kurda, but Plugg was one of my favorite bad guys.
Mine too. :D The exchanges between Plugg and Kurda were so funny. XD
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Gulo

I have not read Triss recently and dont really remember but who was describing Kurda as a master swordbeast after the duel with Plugg was it Brian Jacques himself or was it the freebooters of Plugg's crew? As if it was the freebooters it stands to reason seeing as she had just techincally killed their captain and also the dissident I dont remember his name whom she beheaded who was unarmed. The pyschological impact of that on Pluggs former crew would be tremendous and would definately up her danger or skill in their eyes I would think.

In regards to Bladd I think the thing that was somewhat likeable about him was that he was really childish . He was immature in a sense and didnt really understand everything to well an example would be when he led the charge that got him killed. He desperately wanted to be the person in the front of an enemy gate leading the charge to burn the gate a very dangerous position just because he liked burning things or something of that sort was why he desperately wanted to be in the head of the charge. Its also never clearly explicit that he maltreated the slaves to much or excessively considering his immaturity and lack of understanding of the consequences of his actions coupled with his upbringing hes not all that evil.

Skipper

I disagree, Bladd was a coward and like most vermin in charge he would have tended to lead from the back of the group. But i did think Bladd was slightly amusing in his childish way, if ound it funny how Bladd and Kurda always had arguments.
Personally i don't think Kurda was that much of a swordmaster, all she did for training was chopping turnips (or prisoners) and although she was fast with her sabre she couldn't wield it that much.