News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

RP: Trouble on the Horizon

Started by Nightfire, July 28, 2011, 01:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skalrag of Marshank

Rooke placed a paw around Zara's shoulder.

"Don't you fret now, yer mate'll be as good as new soon."
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Icefire

Sister Willow glanced up, "Rooke is right. It was a hard blow to her head, but she should wake up soon...with a horrible headache most likely!"
Abbess Violet broke in to the conversation saying, "In the meantime, you and your tribe are probably hungry. Shall we go down to the Great Hall?"
Meryoran slapped her forehead and said, "Oh No! I forgot to let the friar know that we have company!"
Abbess Violet smiled and said, "Don't worry, Mery. When I sent you to let the friar know, I had forgotten that tonight was the Feast night anyways! We'll have plenty of food...even with 80 extra mouths!"

OOC: There's your feast! Now no food fights! :)
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Nightfire

Nightfire groaned on the bed and her orange eyes blinked open. She stared up at Zara and Rooke. "Wot 'appened? Where's the wearat?" She groaned again and attempted to sit up, by was stopped by Zara gently placing a firm paw on her shoulder.
"Thae wearat is gone. Rooke here knocked 'im out. Ye got 'it unconcious by the beastie."
Nightfire made an odd chirring noise and sat up, despite the strength of Zara holding her down. "Quit worryin' over me! I feel fine, do ye ken? I have a headache, but that kin be cured with a drop o' Damson Wine. The stubborn Squirrelqueen looked at Rooke. "I suppose I'll 'ave to thank ye fer savin' my life. Huh. Not many beasts 'ave the strength o' paw to knock out somethin' that thickheaded." She offered her sinewy paw for him to shake.

OOC: I was sick of Nightfire laying there unconcious, so I decided to have her wake up. Harharhar. Besides, Zara was getting on my nerves with her behavior. I wanted to RP as the awesome squirrrelqueen again. :)
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

Rooke shook the black squirrel's paw awkwardly.

"Gee, thanks, marm," he mumbled. "Least I could do."
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Nightfire chuckled at his embarassment, and then, shaking off Zara's paw, she stood and gently shoved her way out of the infirmary. "Huh. A little knock to the 'ead, and ye're all treatin' me like I got a sword wound. Now, where's the food at?" She sniffed and detected the scent of Blackberry Crumble. She followed it all the way to the dining hall, where she beheld her band sitting there already tucking into the feast. "Nice lot ye are, not waitin' fer me to wake up." she grumbled. The squirrels looked at her guiltily, and she burst into hearty laughter. "Quit mopin' an' start feastin'. I doubt ye'll get food like this agin when we eventually leave." She sat down next to Ambriya, pulling Rooke along with her, and she tucked into a huge Woodland Trifle and downed a tankard of Damson Wine in one gulp.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Skalrag of Marshank

Sister Willow smiled at Rooke.

"Looks like you've got a little competition there, Rooke." She teased.

Rooke made a face at the infirmary keeper before fetching a large wooden bowl and pouring shrimp and hotroot soup into it.

"Eh, we'll just see about that, now, won't we?"
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

Nightfire noticed what he was having, and fetched a large bowlful for herself. "Prime stuff, eh matey?" she said, imitating an otter's accent perfectly. She downed it rapidly, swigging some October Ale to wash it down.

Zara, meanwhile, was sitting with a group of Redwall youngsters, telling them a wild tale about when the band trekked through Bat Mountpit. "So, there they were, nearly a fivescore o' bats, and why, they say tae Nightfire..."

The Squirrelqueen chortled. "I remember that tale. Last time she told it there was on'y twoscore o' bats."

Skalrag of Marshank

Rooke snickered behind a tall glass of damson wine.
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

"Ah well. Let the young 'un exaggerate." She began demolishing a huge plate of strawberry scones, and as she turned away from Rooke to grab a cup of Elderberry Cordial, her huge longbow and quiver of spearlike arrows were clearly in evidence, as was the dirk tucked horizontally into her adderskin belt.
Abbess Violet could not conceal her surprise. "Goodness! Do you always carry that many weapons?"
Nightfire winked at the little abbess. "Them are on'y my visible weapons, marm. My teeth and claws work just as well as any dirk, and I have something extra as well." She tapped her adderskin gauntlets, and revealed a small, short, thick tube of bamboo. "'Tis a blowpipe. It shoots darts tipped with adder poison." She showed Violet one of the darts. It was a long thorn with a glistening tip, and it had green down as flights. "A Northerner always 'as to be ready fer any surprises, marm. That's why I'm so well armed." She had eaten her fill, and sat back with her paws tucked into the pockets of her adderskin vest, humming a song.

Icefire

Meryoran shook her head as she watched the squirrels tuck in and commented to Sister Willow, "No one would guess that they had just been fighting vermin! They seem to just take it in a stride!"
Sister Willow replied, "They're warriors. Fighting is part of their life style. I'd be more surprised if it did phase them!"
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

Skalrag of Marshank

Rooke stared at Nightfire's adder skin belt.

"Marm, I don't mean to be nosy, but where'dya get that belt?"
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

"I killed an adder, o' course!" She replied, swigging down some Burdock Cordial. "The thing was huge, so I got a belt, vest, and gauntlets out o' it." She continued eating, as though killing a full grown adder was everday buisness.

Skalrag of Marshank

"Alrighty then." Rooke noisily slurped up the rest of his shrimp and hotroot soup before refilling it with a heaping serving of grayling.

"Ya think we're goin' to have more trouble with those vermin?" the young otter filled his glass with white gooseberry wine and took a large gulp.
  ~ Larry Boy

Nightfire

"If'n I know that wearat, then yes," Nightfire muttered darkly into a plate of gooseberry pie. " 'E'll be back, that ye kin be sure of. Best prep yer abbey fer trouble, mate."

Skalrag of Marshank

"Aye, what d'ye suggest we do?" Rooke sipped his wine. "Us abbeydwellers ain't used ta fightin'."
  ~ Larry Boy