Announcements Response Topic

Started by Matthias720, November 11, 2013, 05:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadaz, voice of the host

My thanks to Tsukuyomi and James Gryphon.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Cornflower MM

Congratulations, Dan, Jukka, Nova. Tsu and James have and will be much missed.

Rosie Willowwater

Aww, I'm sorry to see you two go permenantly.  You will be much missed.

Congrats to Jukka, Dan, and Nova though! I'm sure you will be great mods/admin :)

Gonff the Mousethief

So sorry to see the two of you go, but I know the forum was made all the better with your time here. But hey, congratulations to y'all who moved up! I'm positive you all will do great.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Grond

Quote from: Matthias720 on July 29, 2018, 06:11:59 PM
1. Good catch! Let me fix that.

2. I don't know. We'll see based on the needs of the community over the next few months. If there's a void that should be filled, it will become self-evident pretty quickly.

This post is directed at the second point you addressed. It relates to the fact that of the 3 promotions, which where made to fill the vacancies left by Tsukuyomi and James, only 1-Jukka is very active on this forum. Daniel and Nova are fairly inactive- this can be seen by looking at the fact that they haven't been online in weeks and they weren't particularly active these past few months either, based on their post history. Now please don't misunderstand me, I have nothing against them either personally or as staff members but given their limited activity I think it maybe worthwhile to have some new staff members promoted as well, preferably from a pool of active members. I think a crucial component of keeping a forum active is an active and robust staff. I speak about this based on my experience with the long patrol forums (I understand that particular case was somewhat different as the main admin, Martin who approved all ne registrations became inactive and thus new members could not register) and on some other non-Redwall related ones too. Once the staff becomes for a lack of a better word "limited" it can definitely serve as a catalyst for the forum following course.

Matthias720

Noted. I'll bring this up with the rest of the staff. Thank you!

Chipster of Noonvale

I agree with Grond; promoting new mods would probably be a good idea.

Quote from: Matthias720 on September 28, 2018, 02:04:39 AM
Noted. I'll bring this up with the rest of the staff. Thank you!
Not much of a staff to bring it up to though ;D

Rosie Willowwater

Ashleg

Cornflower MM

Wow, I never saw this coming. @Matthias720 thank you for everything that you have done for this forum - It truly wouldn't be where it is today without you. I'm sorry to see you go, although I'm glad you'll still be around. We've put you through a lot, especially in recent years, and you've done an amazing job as an admin. Thank you.

Chipster of Noonvale

I can understand why you're leaving @Matthias720 but it's still sad to see you go :'( You've done a great job as an admin, and you've done a lot for the forum.  While we rarely talked, you seem like a really nice person.

Also congrats @Captain Tammo on your promotion, I'm sure you'll do a great job ^-^

Rosie Willowwater

Thank you so much for your many years of working here. This place being what it is has allowed me to find some of the greatest friends I have ever had, so thank you for that. I sincerely hope this step helps you moving forward.

And to Tammo, congratulations! I know you will be a wonderful admin here.

The Skarzs

Congratulations, Captain Tammo! Your promotion is well-deserved.

Matthias, thank you for all you have done. You have always been a level-headed individual who was an asset to this community. I'm sad to see you resign.
However, is there any reason you don't even want to continue as part of the staff? We all respect you, and your input will probably be appreciated by the other mods.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Gonff the Mousethief

Matthias, I really didn't know what to say or how to feel upon seeing your resignation. You have been a true foundation for this forum even with all of its ups and downs. Without you, well, I doubt any one of us would have dared stuck around to where we are today. Thank you so much for all the time you gave and your pure and utter devotion to the site. You work echoes through all of us, creating a lasting legacy for sure.

Congratulations Tammo! I know you are bound to do the greatest job you can, day in and day out. Glad to see you as Admin!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Nadaz, voice of the host

Matthias thank you for everything you have done for this forum I know I have not been here long enough to see all of what you have done but I thank you for even what I have not seen and what you have done will be felt for a long time to come.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.