My favourite Rogue Crew characters (spoiler alert!)

Started by Martha Braebuck, July 30, 2011, 05:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martha Braebuck

So what are your favourite rogue crew characters? Mine would have to be Swiffo Axehound, Dandy cloggs and Kite slayer.

I was sooo sad when Swiffo was killed, I'm glad ruggan went and killed Ketral, he didn't have to kill swiffo of all of the creatures!!  :'(

And I was pretty sad when Kite died, she was really nice, She's almost as awesome as Ranguvar Foeseeker.

And Dandy cloggs...who couldn't like the awesome log-a-log with the clogs?  :D I thought his clogs were pretty cool!

I just have a question about Uggo...he didn't exactly have a point in that book, even when he came face to face with Razzid he didn't do anything...anyone shed some light on this?
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

Folgrimeo

Aside from Uggo having a ridiculous name that predestined him to start out as a a disobedient brat, I assumed he was supposed to be the emotional core, the character whose well-being you cared about because he was just a Dibbun. Probably helped by how he comes from a long line of gluttons and entitled jerks. He didn't really do that, not when other characters were busy fighting and dying.

Considering everyone had such a short lifespan, no characters really stood out. I liked the otter Jum though, and in a book as morose as this one, you need a character who's jolly. I also liked Razzid for eventually being insane and scary, and Shekra for being a voice of reason.

Captain Tammo

Jum was my favorite! Especially when he killed Razzid with an ash stave. Which is the best weapon in my opinion
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Log-a-Log

I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Osu

Oh my word, what a lovely topic! Lessee, I loooove Rake, and Buff, and Sage, and the sergeant, and the corporal - who was told not once, but twice, by two different haremaids, to go boil his fat head - and the lieutenant... actually, I thought the dynamic between the sarge and lieutenant was hilarious. Politeness v. "Orders are orders" type thing - I was sorry that wasn't expanded on, chance for a lot of LOLs in that. And the poor young runner that got killed by those little shrews and their lizard pals - who were certainly atypical for vermin, I must say - and his father was a super fast runner, so sad. :( AND ALL OF THE OTHER HARES.

I'm a terrible fan, I can't come up with all their names at the moment.

Question: why did the shrewqueen want to kidnap the maids, exactly? What on earth did she plan on doing to them? Her beloved hubby said she'd done it before, but unless those maids were lizards (I suppose?), where were they? Eaten or killed or something? Just ran off? Whyyyyy?

OH OH OH AND KITE. Her death was... unsurprising, really. Not that I expected it, but she was such a bloodthirsty character, it was bound to happen. I didn't like her at first, but she really grew on me. :c

As for Uggo, it intrigues me that he wasn't the one to wield Martin's sword, but beyond that I can't bring myself to be too terribly interested in him. Too many hares about, you see.

This post made no sense. When I'm not falling asleep I'll reword it if it isn't understandable. XD
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Log-a-Log

I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Lutra

Swiffo Axehound---and the fact he perished the way he did, part of me wished it was Ruggan because I liked him less than his brother.  Swiffo seemed to be the wiser of the two, not always looking for a fight or try to show he's "all that" to other creatures.  Ruggan seemed like a brash teenager.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Nightfire

Quote from: Martha Braebuck on July 30, 2011, 05:56:54 PM

And I was pretty sad when Kite died, she was really nice, She's almost as awesome as Ranguvar Foeseeker.

I agree. Kite was awesome, but not as awesome as Ranguvar Foeseeker!
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Log-a-Log

Quote from: Lutra on August 04, 2011, 03:46:37 PM
Swiffo Axehound---and the fact he perished the way he did, part of me wished it was Ruggan because I liked him less than his brother.  Swiffo seemed to be the wiser of the two, not always looking for a fight or try to show he's "all that" to other creatures.  Ruggan seemed like a brash teenager.
I was thinking the same thing when I read the book

Nightfire

Did you ever notice how Mr. Jacques reused names? In Taggerung, there is an evil Juska fox warlord called Ruggan Bor, and then in Rogue  Crew, there is a otter called Ruggan Axehound. It's just downright weird. One is an evil vermin warlord, the other is the son of an otter chieftain who dedicates his life to KILLING vermin.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Martha Braebuck

Quote from: Nightfire on August 04, 2011, 09:59:05 PM
Did you ever notice how Mr. Jacques reused names? In Taggerung, there is an evil Juska fox warlord called Ruggan Bor, and then in Rogue  Crew, there is a otter called Ruggan Axehound. It's just downright weird. One is an evil vermin warlord, the other is the son of an otter chieftain who dedicates his life to KILLING vermin.

I've noticed that too, and it says it on the Redwall wiki also, but you can't blame Mr. Jacques, simple mistakes mayhaps!
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

Osu

Maybe they're just popular names in the world? For example, here in Texas I swear every other gal is named Jessica. Something like that.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Rimant the Warrior

I have to agree with Log a Log and Osu.  One of my favorite characters has to be Captain Rake Nightfur.  I guess I like the guys with the double swords in the back sheaths.  And the cool highland accent also helped as well. ;) :D
Rimant the Warrior

Shinella

Go Nightfur!!!! But.. Brian put many, many incredible characters in this book, and they all grew on me! :D
Yesterday is history... Tomorrow is a mystery... Today is a gift... and that's why its called - The Present...

DanielofRedwall

Rake Nightfur, by a massive margin. He is in my top 10 favourite characters in Redwall.
Received mostly negative reviews.